Today was a pretty good day. Lia is stable, so we're thankful for that. She is using her pacemaker now, to help the two sides of her heart beat together instead of one side beating and then the other. She's almost weened off her nitric oxide, but is still getting a lot of fluid pumped into her, which is making her extra-swollen. The most swollen I have seen her after all these surgeries. She is such a fighter! She opened her eyes a couple of times today, not near as focused as yesterday, but she still opened them, and I loved seeing it! She wiggled her feet a few times as well.
After rounds this morning, our "big picture" goals over the next week are to 1) get her 'skinny' enough (reduce swelling) to get her chest closed , and 2) ween her off her ventilator. There are a ton more "goals" I could list, but those are the big ones.
My parents have gone home now, so it's just Ryan and I here. Although, it has been wonderful to have all our family here, we are looking forward to a couple of days by ourselves. We went out for dinner tonight(sushi!) and walked around Crown Center for a while. It was nice to have some alone time together.
Here are a couple of pictures of when Jack came and played for a while at the RMD House, and a couple of Lia after her full repair surgery.
 |
| Jack was scared of Ronald. He would only sit on the bench if I sat with him. |
 |
| Lots of fun stuff to do at the house. |
 |
| He wouldn't sit in the big rocking chair alone, so I sat with him (and loved it). I miss him!! |
 |
| Lia after her full repair. She may be swollen, but shes still beautiful! We hung up a "before picture" of her, taken clear back when we were in Wichita so all the doctors and nurses know what she really looks like. |
 |
| Lia with all her tubes, wires, and lines. Praising God everyday for the medical advancements and technology that is keeping her alive. |
Comments
Just wanted to let you know that we have been praying hard for you, Ryan, Jack and especially Lia. Love hearing that her surgery went well and we will be praying her body heals quickly. Keep strong you and Ryan are amazing parents! You have an amazing outlook on life and Lia's difficult situation. She is so lucky to have you!
Stephanie Ritchie