Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours!
- She passed her carseat test!
- Has taken ALL her feedings orally!
- Feeding tube is OUT!
- Breathing treatments have been cancelled!
- Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications. The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home.
- NO MONITORS! I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD!
- Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications.
- Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home.
- Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician!
- Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday! Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that!
| These oral feedings really wear a girl out! |
| Here we go! 3 hours in the carseat with no monitors going off! |
| Passed! |
| Although the heart sticker holding down the tube was cute, we sure won't miss it! |
Comments
Thinking of you.
Sheila (Heather's Mom)
This is such EXCITING news! So happy for your precious family! Tanya and I will need to deliver your books to you when you are back home and settled in.
Amanda
God is Good!
Mary ( heart mom)