Today, my parents drove down here so we could spend some time with Jack. It was SO good to see him. He was full of hugs and kisses which made it even better. Those are hard to come by sometimes when you're dealing with a 2 year old. My mom and dad stayed with Lia while we took Jack to the park to play, and then we all went to Crown Center for lunch. We ate at a place called 'Fritz's'. Jack was in heaven. Not only is the whole restaurant train-themed, but you order your food on a cute little phone, and then a train actually brings your food to your table! So fun! After lunch we went to an interactive animal exhibit, where Jack got to play. Thank you to my mom and dad for making a day trip to Kansas City so we could have some time with him. We both miss him so much, and are thankful for everyone who is helping out to take care of him. Late this afternoon we said good bye again. I of course was very teary, but know that this is just something we have to do right now. I am hoping and praying that this will all come to an end soon and we will all be together again.
Lia is doing very well too! We are hoping that tomorrow she may be able to cross 'ventilator removal' off her to do list! We will know after rounds in the morning what the official decision will be. They have been weaning her off of it slowly throughout the day, and tonight. I can tell the tube is really starting to bother her now that shes more alert. She gags and coughs a lot, which of course I hate to see. It's even worse because she doesn't make any noise doing it (because she can't) so you just see her making all the movements, but with no sound. Not what a mommy likes to see even if the nurses do tell me its good for her to cough! After a c-section, I know how bad it hurts to do things like cough and sneeze with a staple-filled incision, so I can't imagine what it feels like with your sternum being held together like that! Ouch! Thank goodness for medication!
Speaking of c-section, I am praising God tonight that I had a c-section. We have learned that Lia's chances of surviving a vaginal birth would have not been in her favor. She most likely would not have been able to withstand a hard labor and me pushing on her. Don't we have an amazing God? Now I understand why He didn't allow her to 'drop' during labor. And am praising Him for it!!
Enjoy pictures from our day :) And thanks for checking in. We love you all.
 |
| Daddy and Jack at the park! Riding on the school bus! Mommy was the driver. |
 |
| On the dinosaur |
 |
| Makin' music on the big piano! |
 |
| At Fritz's |
 |
| He was right at home. |
 |
| The cutest train engineer you ever did see. |
 |
| The trains went around the whole restaurant like this bringing people their food. |
 |
| At the Crayola store. Doing some fun coloring! |
 |
| Jack colored a shark for Lia. |
 |
| Interactive Animal Exhibit. Making the elephant's trunk swing. |
 |
| Jack as a joey |
 |
| Hopping like a kangaroo! |
 |
| In the bear cave with mommy! Jack was scared of the big mommy bear, but he loved the cubs! |
 |
| In the eagle's nest. The closest you'll ever see this mom to an eagle. |
 |
| Of course, I couldn't NOT put any pics of Lia on here!! |
 |
| Notice the yellow feeding tube? She got a new one because their now feeding her breast milk through it! Yay for actual food going into her tummy now! Although when I'M the one feeding her it will be 100 times better! I can't wait for that day! |
Comments
day with lots of good news! So happy for you. We are keeping the prayers coming, take care and good
luck with the vent removal! Hugs!