Well, we knew it might happen, were hoping that it wouldn't, but it did. Lia was airlifted from the Wichita hospital to a Kansas City hospital late this afternoon after not being able to keep her oxygen numbers up enough. They had originally told me that breast feeding mothers could fly along with the patient, however, due to the size of the plane, there was no room for me. Saying goodbye to her today for her flight was very hard, but I knew it was for the best, and had my mom there with me today to help me through it. My mom drove down to Wichita today in hopes of staying for the weekend if Lia got moved out of the ICU, unfortunately, about a half hour after she got there, we were headed to KC. Ryan and I drove up by ourselves, and my mom brought Jack. Maury and Diane (in laws) are still in Wichita, waiting to hear more news and will be coming tomorrow.
She is all tucked in to her new PICU room, (Mercy Children's Hospital) has a wonderful nurse for the night, and has grandma by her side tonight. Yep, thats right, Ryan, Jack and I are all checked in to a hotel and my mom is staying at the hospital with Lia. I am sooooo excited to sleep in a
real bed tonight, spend some time with Jack, and get out of the hospital for a while. I am so grateful that Grandma Sue is staying with her tonight, and I know she will be in good hands.
The plan here in KC, is to monitor her for a day or two and then the cardiology team here will make a decision on what to do. Sounds like the first step might be a surgery to place a shunt in her heart and wait a few months after that to do the complete repair to her heart. However, that can change, depending on her stats, and they may choose to go ahead to do a full repair now. We are literally taking it minute by minute, waiting for what might happen next.
Thanks for checking in! I will try and update as much as I can. Thank you again for all the support, love, and prayer you've given us. It means so much.
 |
| Grandma Sue made it to Wichita just in time. |
 |
| Lia's ride to KC |
 |
| Bye bye sweetie! From here it was an ambulance ride to the airport and straight onto a plane. The flight from Wichita to KC was about 30 min. |
 |
| All tucked in to my new bed in Kansas City |
 |
| Nurse Jenn will take good care of me tonight. |
 |
| Family of 4. |
Well, thats all for tonight. I'm going to bed. In a real bed. Off to the hospital again tomorrow morning. Good night!
Comments