9 years ago today, I was a senior in high school. I remember exactly where I was when I heard the horrible news that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I was in 'yearbook' and the whole class went into the library to watch live coverage of the events on the news. I remember my stomach churning and feeling horrible for all those innocent lives. It's hard to believe that 9 years have passed since that horrible day.
My first graders weren't even born yet. It's a very tough subject for a teacher to cover, especially to such young minds. It's a very scary event to describe to a 6-7 year old. They understand that there is a war going on and several of them have aunts or uncles or moms and dads that have served.
I hope that everyone took a moment today to remember all the lives that were lost that day, and say a prayer for the men and women in service who protect us everyday!
Jack is proud to have an uncle in the Army! Spencer has completed 1 tour of duty and is preparing for a second, coming up next month. He got to try on some of Spencer's gear this summer while he was here visiting. I love this picture!

Spencer's homecoming after 1st tour.

My first graders weren't even born yet. It's a very tough subject for a teacher to cover, especially to such young minds. It's a very scary event to describe to a 6-7 year old. They understand that there is a war going on and several of them have aunts or uncles or moms and dads that have served.
I hope that everyone took a moment today to remember all the lives that were lost that day, and say a prayer for the men and women in service who protect us everyday!
Jack is proud to have an uncle in the Army! Spencer has completed 1 tour of duty and is preparing for a second, coming up next month. He got to try on some of Spencer's gear this summer while he was here visiting. I love this picture!

Spencer's homecoming after 1st tour.

Adam is a good family friend of ours, who served 2 tours as well. One in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. He STILL serves today as a deputy for Wright Co. in Iowa. How amazing, that one year ago today his daughter was born! A 9/11 baby for a daddy who served two tours! (Brings tears to my eyes!)


Thank you to all the men and women who serve! God bless!
Comments