Skip to main content

Crazy Kansas Weather!

Tonight we had some crazy storms in south central Kansas! Lots and lots of hail, tornadoes, and torrential rain! Ryan and I are sooo thankful that our new house has a garage, otherwise the Edge would've had some pretty bad hail damage! Jack was nervous about all the loud noises, and wouldn't let me put him down at first...he got over that pretty quick, as you'll see below!

Hail storm view from our front porch. It's hard to see in this pic, but the street was flooding as well.


The hail around our house only got to about quarter sized. We were the lucky ones. There were pictures on Facebook of friends who had GRAPEFRUIT sized hail in their yards!


I guess Jack thought the sound of the hail was soothing. He fell asleep right on the floor! (It might've also had something to do with the fact that he thought he needed to get up and play from 1 am to 3 am today!!)


The rest of these pictures are just a few updates of things going on in our lives!

This pic was taken one night when Jack and I went on a walk around our new neighborhood. He wore his sunglasses like that the whole time. For those of you who watch Jersey Shore, I feel like this is is "Situation" look. But the REAL reason I'm posting this picture is so you can see a pre-haircut picture. Yes, that's right, I'm posting about another haircut! This one is a little different though, and that's because I CUT JACKS HAIR MYSELF! I found a tutorial on the internet (yes, I can hear you laughing) and got right to work! I must say, I'm pretty pleased with my work! Not to mention, it was free!


"Somebody help me! My mom is trying to cut my hair!"


Jack showing off his new do! This is his model pose.


"Sorry for doubting you mom, you did a good job!"


I'm putting this pic on here, because it's so stinkin' cute! I think he really resembles Ryan in this picture.


Ok, this picture is going to need some explaining. We have hard wood floors throughout the main level of our house, and Jack's poor knees get really red and beat up when he crawls around! Well....now Jack has knee pads, made especially for him by Mommy! I cut up one of Ryans old socks and it works great! Yes, I know it looks like hes ready for a volley ball tournament, and a little strange, but I'm telling you, it has saved his knees from hurting so bad!


Look who's FINALLY holding his own bottle! Yay Jack! Those yellow handles came with all of his bottles, and we have been trying for a long time to get him to hold the bottle himself. He has had no interest at all in holding it himself until the other night when he finally took the reigns.


Sad News: Our Special Ed. teacher, Dawain, was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) last spring, and is no longer able to teach due to speech problems connected with the disease. Tomorrow is his last day and we are all going to miss him soooo much! He was an amazing teacher and the students LoVeD him! This is our team picture with Dawain. He reminds me a lot of my Grandpa Rosien. I don't think there was a teacher who had a dry eye at his going away breakfast this morning.


On a lighter note: We had a girls night with our team at Arrena's last night, and had a lot of fun! We enjoyed a delicious dinner, yummy drinks, and fabulous conversation. It's always nice to get together outside of a school setting.


Stacey and Allison


Arrena and I

Shannon, Saige, and I



One last piece of exciting information before I sign off...tomorrow is the big moving day! You may remember me talking about the new addition to our school. Well, the wait is finally over and tomorrow the teachers get to move into their new rooms! I am actually staying in my same room, but am one of the only teachers who doesn't have to move. For the past 4 years, Arrena's room has been located clear down in the kindergarten wing, and she will finally be with the rest of the 1st grade rooms after the move! It will be sooo nice to have her closer!
Hope all is well with everyone!






Comments

Pam the Realtor said…
I love storms like that! And we hardly ever get them here, so it's a special treat when we do. But glad you didn't have damage. Don't like that part.

And you did a very good job on the haircut.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...