Skip to main content

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

Yes, thats right, we were home yet again. Two weekends in a row! THAT IS A LOT OF DRIVING! We were home this weekend for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary, which by the way, was a great time!
My in-laws and brother-in-law drove down to DesMoines from Fairbank to spend an afternoon with us. We really appreciated them doing that so we wouldn't have to drive another 2 1/2 hours! It saved us a lot of time in the car. We got to watch the Iowa game togethter (Go Hawks!) and go out for a nice dinner. It was great to spend some time with them.
All the Shields men!

Grandma Diane and Jack! (my apologies for Jack's butt-cheek hanging out)

Hugs for Uncle Spencer! He deploys again in Oct. for Afghanistan! He won't see Jack again until he's 2! (unless we are able to go to his deployment ceremony, which we aren't certain of yet.)

On Sunday, we geared up for the big anniversary celebration! Congratulations Grandma and Grandpa on 50 years of marriage! We went to my granpas church Sunday morning (he is the pastor) and then used the church's fellowship hall for a nice lunch with family and of course cake and home made ice cream!


My great grandma (aka Grammy) with, as she refers to, "her two boys!" Brent and Ryan.


Jack REALLY enjoyed the cake! As you can see the frosting was all over his mouth!


Trying on Uncle Jameson's shoes! I think they might be a little big yet...


Jack with his Great Grandpa B.! Ironically, my grandpas name is Doug, and the little blue dog Jack is holding is named "Doug" too!


Our family on my mom's side. Apparently Jameson and Alex are having a "moment" in the front row! LOL.


Jack and Jameson.


We are still unpacking and getting situated in our house! I promise to blog about it and show pictures soon!
News Flash: We are NOT going home this weekend!

Comments

javelinJR said…
Jiggity jig? and that "moment" could have been avoided by posting the one where we aren't looking at each other. haha

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...