This blog has some random things in it....the first video is of me learning to drive a stick shift when we were home in Iowa. Maury taught me, he was a great (and very patient) teacher! The video is of Ryan and I practicing in the car. I apologize for the video, because Ryan is trying to watch the road, coach me, and video all at the same time, so sometimes you only see the dash board, but you'll get the idea! Am I ready to hit the open road with a stick shift? Absolutely not, but when it comes to gravel roads in rural Iowa, I am the queen of driving stick!
Happy Jack, waiting for the show to start!
Video #2: Jack does this thing now, where he gets fussy and "wants" to cry so someone will pick him up, but he can't get any tears to come, so he tries to blink his eyes to get the tears to come! Needless to say, it doesn't work to his advanatge, but it sure does make mommy and daddy laugh! In the video, he's in his jumper, and I can tell that hes getting tired and is ready to get out, and so the blinking begins! While you are watching, keep watching his eyes. I know its hard because hes jumping, but I think you'll get the idea! It's so funny (to me at least)
And to celebrate Independence Day, we took Jack downtown to see the fireworks! This made me very nervous, because Jack is scared of the vacuum, and at one time was scared of my hair dryer too! I knew taking him to the fireworks show was taking a big chance, but we were willing to risk it! Before the show, while we were waiting, Jack was a happy happy boy! Lots of smiling, talking, and playing with his toys. As soon as the show started, he was EXPRESSIONLESS! Smiling? No. Crying? No. No emotion at all! He watched very intently, and I don't know if he was just mesmerized, or could've cared less! In the video, you will see my expressionless baby!
I'm not complaining, because atleast he wasn't screaming!
Happy Jack, waiting for the show to start!
Comments