This past summer, I was in Marshmallow Kisses, one of the cutest baby boutique's ever, and came across something called Baby Love Letters. The box contains cards with different milestones on them (baby's arrival, sleeping through the night, first tooth, solid foods, etc.) and as your baby reaches each of these milestones, you write in the card with all the details of the event, seal it up, and one day, when your child asks "what was I like when I was a baby?" you can pull out the letters and have your child read them! I loved them, but DIDN'T purchase them. Well...last night my friend Arrena came over for a visit, remembered me telling her about them, and she brought them for me! I'm so excited to write my first note to Jack, which is the card entitled: you were worth the wait, now you're here! Which I think I'll try and get done late this afternoon. Thanks Arrena!!
A special thank you to all the friends and family who have sent packages and cards in the mail. How thoughtful and generous of you! Most recently, we got these: Jack's first pair of tennis shoes! How cute are they? They are from my friend, Shirley, who I used to work with at A to Z. Shirley also sent lots of cute clothes, and knitted Jack a blanket before he was even a thought in our heads!

Our precious baby boy will be 2 weeks old tomorrow! People weren't kidding when they say enjoy each moment, because time flies! I can't believe how fast the past couple of weeks has gone. We are looking forward to Maury and Diane (Ryan's parents) visiting this weekend, and then Morgan and Brent coming next weekend! Jack is very excited to meet another set of grandparents and his aunt and uncle! Look at Jack's ears in this picture...I think everything is perfect on him, but I especially love his cute little ears...among other things :)
A special thank you to all the friends and family who have sent packages and cards in the mail. How thoughtful and generous of you! Most recently, we got these: Jack's first pair of tennis shoes! How cute are they? They are from my friend, Shirley, who I used to work with at A to Z. Shirley also sent lots of cute clothes, and knitted Jack a blanket before he was even a thought in our heads!
Our precious baby boy will be 2 weeks old tomorrow! People weren't kidding when they say enjoy each moment, because time flies! I can't believe how fast the past couple of weeks has gone. We are looking forward to Maury and Diane (Ryan's parents) visiting this weekend, and then Morgan and Brent coming next weekend! Jack is very excited to meet another set of grandparents and his aunt and uncle! Look at Jack's ears in this picture...I think everything is perfect on him, but I especially love his cute little ears...among other things :)
We had our LAST heel stick on Monday. Jack's jaundice level was down to an 11! We were very thankful for that. His skin is turning more pink everyday! He is also gaining a lot of his weight back. He weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. on Monday, up from 7 lbs. 9 oz. the week before! He's growing and growing!
Prayer Request: I have blogged about Morgan's (my sister) health problems on here before, but for those of you who don't remember, she was diagnosed with diverticulitis earlier this year, and thought everything was under control after a few days in the hospital, WELL...now they think they may have misdiagnosed her, and she will be getting her gall bladder out tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the end of a painful time for her. Pray for a safe surgery and quick recovery!


Comments