Skip to main content

1st Anniversary

Ryan and I celebrated 1 year of wedded bliss this weekend! We treated ourselves to a fun weekend in Kansas City! We stayed at the Argosy Hotel and Casino, which was really nice, and we definitely recommend it to friends! We also did our fair share of shopping, gambling, and ate at some great restaurants, including the Melting Pot, which I've been wanting to try for along time, which was delicious and a fun experience! (if you like fondue...)

As tradition goes with your first anniversary, you freeze the top tier of your wedding cake to enjoy one year later. (A special thank you to Diane, who graciously stored our cake for the year!) Ryan thought the cake was "ok" and, I don't know if it was the amazing packing job that Diane did, or being pregnant, or what, but lets just say that I thoroughly enjoyed the cake :) We had heard horror stories about peoples anniversary cake samplings, but ours wasn't too bad! We both finished the small pieces that we had.

It's hard to believe that we have already been married a year! The time has flown by! I am so grateful to have Ryan in my life, and we are both looking forward to many more years together!

Ryan cutting the cake! (notice the frosting is falling off the sides...)


Ryan not so sure about what he's eating


"Ehhhh, its ok," he says


How does Ashley feel though?? Mmmmm two thumbs up!


Ry playing some video poker at the Argosy. If he would've won, you would've heard about it.


As mentioned above, we did lots of shopping. Who came home with the most things? Jack! I went a little crazy at the Carters Outlet! So many good sales, I couldn't resist fattening up his closet just a little bit! Here is a pic of some of Jack's new clothes! I've looked at each outfit probably a dozen times trying to imagine what he will look like in them! I can't wait until he is actually here!



In other baby news: We are on week 24! I told my mom that I could handle being 6th months pregnant all the time! This has by far been the smoothest month of my pregnancy! As my belly grows, I'm finding it harder to do things that require bending over, but am quickly finding ways to maneuver myself to get something up off the floor. I couldn't ask for a better pregnancy partner than Ryan! He is constantly making sure that I'm comfortable, always asking how I'm feeling, offering to rub my back, feet, neck, hands, or anything else that is aching! He is so good to me!


In School News: This is my last week of summer! Ahhhh! It has gone by WAY TOO FAST. Teachers have to report back a week from today and students show up two weeks from today! It's hard to believe that I am about to start my 3rd year of teaching! The summer seems to get a little shorter each year.
This year may be a bit challenging, as Linwood will be under construction! We are adding on 8 new classrooms, a multi-purpose room, more parking, and remodeling the cafeteria area! Construction is set to start in Oct., so I will be faced with loud noises, over-crowding, and of course 25 first graders! I'm sure it will all be worth it when we have a nice new addition to our already beautiful building! Not to mention, I have a nice 6-8 weeks off over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years! (Thanks Jack!!)

Comments

The Nerliens said…
Glad you guys had a good time! I love all the cute outfits!
Brett Bachtle said…
WOW! You bought alout of baby outfits!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...