While Jameson is living in London, I thought it would be a great idea for my students to be able to Skype with him! We started by looking at a world map. I showed the students first where Wichita was, and then drug my finger all the way over to Europe to show them where Jameson was living. We began to generate a list of questions that we might want to ask someone who was living that far away! My class came up with a great set of questions, so I set a date with Jay when he would be available for my class to ask him the questions via Skype. Each student got to ask him their own question. I projected my lap top onto the SMART board so they could all see him and talk to him. It felt like he was right there in the room with us!
My principal, who was giving a tour of our building to a group of college students from Oklahoma stopped in the room for a while to observe too! Jameson ended up being quite the hit!
My students were in awe that they were talking to someone on a different CONTINENT! But I think they were even more amazed to learn that instead of a president, they have a QUEEN over there! Also, you will notice in one of the pictures, you can see a British flag. The students wanted to know if Jameson was remembering to say the 'pledge of allegience' everyday to the flag! HAHA. It was so cute!
One of my students, Isaiah, kept saying "Mrs. Shields, tell him to say my name!" So I would tell Jameson to say "Hi Isaiah" and Isaiah just thought that was the coolest thing in the world. It amazes me that the littelest things can entertain them!

My principal, who was giving a tour of our building to a group of college students from Oklahoma stopped in the room for a while to observe too! Jameson ended up being quite the hit!
My students were in awe that they were talking to someone on a different CONTINENT! But I think they were even more amazed to learn that instead of a president, they have a QUEEN over there! Also, you will notice in one of the pictures, you can see a British flag. The students wanted to know if Jameson was remembering to say the 'pledge of allegience' everyday to the flag! HAHA. It was so cute!
One of my students, Isaiah, kept saying "Mrs. Shields, tell him to say my name!" So I would tell Jameson to say "Hi Isaiah" and Isaiah just thought that was the coolest thing in the world. It amazes me that the littelest things can entertain them!
Comments