Today was a gorgeous day in south central Kansas! The temperature was in the 70s! It felt like one of those days in April when the snow has finally melted, and it really is starting to feel like spring. Ryan even wore shorts on our walk this afternoon! I know it won't last for long. Looks like the high here on Thanksgiving isn't going to be much above freezing! Crazy Kansas weather!
I had a great Sunday with my boys! Jack got to play in the leaves, we got some odds and ends done around here, and yes, my Christmas tree is up!! Since we are going to be home in Iowa next weekend when the rest of the world is putting up their trees, I thought I would get mine taken care of this weekend. How is Jack dealing with the stimulation of shiney objects, lights, and a place to roll all his balls under and belly crawl to try and get them out you might ask? WELL, so far so good. We have had to tell him "no" a couple of times when he has started to pull on some ornaments, and fished out several of his balls with the broom, but other than that, he has done quite well with the tree! I'm not too worried about him breaking any ornaments, just more concernced about him pulling the tree over on himself or something horrible like that! Jack had a fun time helping us get all our decorations out. He mostly liked pounding on the lids of all the plastic tubs.
Jack loved playing in the leaves today!


He even helped us get the car cleaned out and ready for our trip home! (Yes mom, I still need to take that curtain rod back!)

Daddy having a nice chat with Jack about how we only look at the tree and don't touch it.

I had a great Sunday with my boys! Jack got to play in the leaves, we got some odds and ends done around here, and yes, my Christmas tree is up!! Since we are going to be home in Iowa next weekend when the rest of the world is putting up their trees, I thought I would get mine taken care of this weekend. How is Jack dealing with the stimulation of shiney objects, lights, and a place to roll all his balls under and belly crawl to try and get them out you might ask? WELL, so far so good. We have had to tell him "no" a couple of times when he has started to pull on some ornaments, and fished out several of his balls with the broom, but other than that, he has done quite well with the tree! I'm not too worried about him breaking any ornaments, just more concernced about him pulling the tree over on himself or something horrible like that! Jack had a fun time helping us get all our decorations out. He mostly liked pounding on the lids of all the plastic tubs.
Jack loved playing in the leaves today!
He even helped us get the car cleaned out and ready for our trip home! (Yes mom, I still need to take that curtain rod back!)
Daddy having a nice chat with Jack about how we only look at the tree and don't touch it.
Tomorrow is Jack's 1 year appt. with Dr. Hesse. I'm DREADING it. More shots! I took the morning off so I could go with him. I didn't get to go to his 9 mo. appt., so I am really happy to get to be there for him this time.
Comments