Last weekend marked our last planned trip home to IA for the summer. Ryan went on his annual birthday tubing trip down the Iowa River with all his friends (I had to sit this year out because of the baby....) and while he was doing that, I traveled to LeMars, IA with Brooke, for a friends wedding! I had never been to LeMars (aka the Ice Cream Capital of the World) before, so of course Brooke and I, both being pregnant, had to do a little investigating into this ice cream business! Between the wedding and the reception we went to a cute little ice cream parlor and enjoyed some delicious ice cream!
Brooke next to a huge sundae! Yum!

Brooke and I with the BEAUTIFUL bride

Yesterday was Ryan's 28th birthday! We celebrated by going out for lunch, and then to a movie! Ryan had to work in the evening, so while he was away, I made him a cake! His request: yellow cake with chocolate frosting! mmmmm! I had never done a 2-layer cake like this before, and even got to get out my cake-decorating tools and do some fun stuff around it! This was also the first time I have used the cake plate that we got for our wedding! Fun! (it also transforms into a punch bowl, and a veggie tray!!)
Yesterday was Ryan's 28th birthday! We celebrated by going out for lunch, and then to a movie! Ryan had to work in the evening, so while he was away, I made him a cake! His request: yellow cake with chocolate frosting! mmmmm! I had never done a 2-layer cake like this before, and even got to get out my cake-decorating tools and do some fun stuff around it! This was also the first time I have used the cake plate that we got for our wedding! Fun! (it also transforms into a punch bowl, and a veggie tray!!)
Happy Birthday Honey!!!
Comments