I am at school right now typing this. There are no students here today, but teachers are required to be here for a "work day." This is the day when we input all our grades, print report cards, and get our rooms ready for when students return in January! This is a day to get LOTS of things done around the classroom. As soon as I'm finished with grades, I'm planning on Cloroxing everything in here, dusting, and doing some organizing.
Yesterday was our holiday party here at school. We started in the gym with an assembly, and then the students came back to the rooms to eat and open their presents. They were in Heaven. I however, was going crazy. Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines Day are the worst for teachers. The kids are crazy!
I got one of the nicest gifts from a student yesterday. He brought me a candle in the morning, and then his mom came to help with our party, and left an envelope on my desk. I didn't think anything of it, just assuming it was a Christmas Card. When I opened the envelope after everyone was gone, there was $50 in cash, with a note that said 'have fun in Vegas!' I seriously about cried. I called Ryan right away to tell him the good news!
Ryan and I are leaving at 6am tomorrow morning to head to Norwalk. I can't wait to see all my friends and family. PLUS, after all the wonderful time with family, Ryan and I are leaving for our Honeymoon! We are both VERY excited to spend some quality time alone with eachother outside of Wichita.
I will post some pics on here when we get back from Iowa. Merry Christmas to all of you!
Yesterday was our holiday party here at school. We started in the gym with an assembly, and then the students came back to the rooms to eat and open their presents. They were in Heaven. I however, was going crazy. Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines Day are the worst for teachers. The kids are crazy!
I got one of the nicest gifts from a student yesterday. He brought me a candle in the morning, and then his mom came to help with our party, and left an envelope on my desk. I didn't think anything of it, just assuming it was a Christmas Card. When I opened the envelope after everyone was gone, there was $50 in cash, with a note that said 'have fun in Vegas!' I seriously about cried. I called Ryan right away to tell him the good news!
Ryan and I are leaving at 6am tomorrow morning to head to Norwalk. I can't wait to see all my friends and family. PLUS, after all the wonderful time with family, Ryan and I are leaving for our Honeymoon! We are both VERY excited to spend some quality time alone with eachother outside of Wichita.
I will post some pics on here when we get back from Iowa. Merry Christmas to all of you!
Comments