Skip to main content

Little Lia Heart Warrior Benefit and Auction

Words cannot even describe the amazing weekend we had at a benefit golf tournament and auction for Lia and our family this weekend. I still am in shock, just thinking about the amount of amazing support that was shown to us by friends, family, and even strangers.  I am forever thankful to my dear girlfriends for the countless hours they spent planning, preparing for, and hosting the event. 

Sunday started off in Washington, with lunch at my grandma's, 9 holes of golf and silent auction, then a live auction to top off the night.  19 teams in all registered for a 4-person best shot, and TONS of businesses and people donated items for the auction.  As Ryan put it, during his 'thank you' to everyone, no one ever thinks they will be in a position like ours, unforeseen health issues with children, and a lot of medical debt, but it's during those dark times, that you realize just how much support you are surrounded by, and how many people love you and want to help you.  I am so proud to be from a small town, close-knit community, who pulls together for it's people.  Although I don't live in Washington anymore, the amazing out pour of support overwhelms me, and still gives me goosebumps every time I think about it.

Thank you so much to everyone who made the trip to be there, or donated to this cause.  My dearest and closest friends and family came from all over Iowa, and even some from out of state.  Talk about feeling the love.  It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Enjoy the pictures!
Lunch with my family at my grandparents house before the tournament started.
Jamie, Brooke, and Pat at the registration table!

My dad's college friends

The entire group, before the tournament started.

Feeling the love from my cousin, Trey, brother in law, Brent, Grandpa, and Uncle Brian

Ryan's team, including my dad, brother, and my brother's father-in-law

Central College Crew

Cari and her wonderful team.  Cari and I were roommates my sophomore year at UNI.

My cousin, Jen, and her family!

I don't even know all these people.  And they were there for me.  So blessed.

Team from Willowbrook Elementary! Such a supportive staff I work with.

Friends from high school (and Jack!)

Pat, Mary Alice, and sweet Sawyer!

Smith/Davis/Donahue team!  A little mix of high school and college friends here.

Pat teaching Jack how to putt.


Team Schneider/Harvey/Wulf

My old bosses from my days as a HyVee employee!  One came all the way from Kansas City, and one from Fremont, NE! 

More putting lessons for Jack.

Ryan on the green

My wonderful supportive family.  What would I do without them?

Grandma Sue, and Lia going for a spin!

More friends from high school!

The list of sponsors went on, and on...

an on....

Silent Auction baskets

My Uncle Joe, Father in law, Maury, and nephew, Zach

My sister-in-law, Jill, and niece, Megan

'He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.'  Psalm 147:3  Each table had a different picture of Lia on it.

Lia and Grandma Diane.  The guest of honor had on the cutest dress!

Jack and Brynn dancing together!
 These pictures don't even do the day justice.  It was so wonderful.  Thank you to everyone who made this day special for us.  Thank you!!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What an awesome event for Lia! You have some pretty amazing friends for which I know you're thankful. It was good to see your pics since we couldn't be there in person. Sooo sorry to have missed it. Jack is growing up so fast! Off to pre-K with you...how cool is that?
You may have already heard on fb but Cody & Hattie are expecting #2 in April. Some excited Grandparents in Washington!
Tammy

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...