I got to spend two fun-filled nights in Kansas City last weekend with two of my girlfriends (Erica & Heather) from Wichita! Kansas City is the perfect meeting point. Halfway between Des Moines and Wichita. Erica's husband hooked us up with an awesome room at the downtown Marriott! We spent Friday night in the Power & Light District, shopping all day Saturday, and Saturday night at the Plaza! It was so good to see them again, let loose, and enjoy myself for two whole days! (Linwood girls, if you are reading this, you're next!!!)
While I was in KC, Ryan and the kids went up to Fairbank to spend the weekend with my in laws. The kids had a blast! Jack got to go on a lawn mower ride (the go cart was broken), and play with his cousins, Morgan and Megan!
Today, we went and spent some time in the hospital with my Grandpa B., who had back surgery on Friday. He is doing sooo very well and is expected to go home tomorrow! Yay! Since we were already downtown at the hospital, we decided to take Jack to the sculpture park. He loved it. Lots of funny comments from him on some of the sculptures.
Tomorrow we are having his birthday party with family here in DesMoines, and then we will have another one for him the afternoon of Thanksgiving with Ryan's family, so be sure to check back for birthday pictures!
.JPG) |
| Girls weekend! This was at Kona Grill, enjoying some sushi! |
.JPG) |
| Cousins Lia and Megan |
.JPG) |
| Jack and Mommy at sculpture park. Can you see us in there? This whole sculpture is made out of letters. Jack was in Heaven! |
 |
| This one is "SO BIG!" |
.JPG) |
| "Look, Mom! I found a 'J'!" |
.JPG) |
| Visiting Great Grandpa B. in the hospital |
.JPG) |
| This was at the grocery store earlier this week. I just love them. |
 |
| And I know this one is a month late, but I forgot to add it to my earlier Halloween post. My two favorite guys carvin' up some pumpkins! |
Comments