Skip to main content

Jack Turns 3!!

My sweet baby boy is now 3 years old!  Three years ago this week, Ryan and I spent Thanksgiving in Wichita, with just ourselves and our week-old baby boy.  Wow, that seems like yesterday.

We celebrated last Sunday with a party here in Norwalk with my family, and then on the afternoon of Thanksgiving, we celebrated in Fairbank with Ryan's side of the family.  Jack is one lucky little boy to have so much family who loves him so much! He of course was spoiled and got lots of great new things for his birthday.

You'll never remember, and I'll never forget!  11.19.09

Awesome 3rd birthday cake!  Cars theme.

Ready to get this party started!

Working on blowing out the candles.

Digging in!

Helping Daddy put together his new scooter!

Giving it a test run before we tried it out on the sidewalk :)

At the Fairbank party, Jack got a 'Dougie' cake!  Made specially for him by his Aunt Jill.  Most of you know who Doug is.  For those of you who don't, Douglas is a bear/blanket thing that Jack has been attached to since he was born.  He told Jill he wanted a Dougie cake, so that's what he got!

3 candles is a lot of work!

Jack got Lincoln Logs! Sharing the love with cousins Megan and Noah.

And I just had to throw this one in there....My sister in law, Sarah, took this when Lia got up this morning.  The girl has some CRAZY bed head!  Her hair sticks straight up like this after she's had a pony tail in the day before.

In other news:
-Lia started her first month of RSV shots this week.  Home Health comes to us for the shots, so that is nice.  Since Lia weighs 17 lbs., she actually had to have the shot in 2 doses, and luckily, since Grandma Sue was home, she helped the nurse give one of the shots so we could get them done and over with more quickly!  A Grandma who doubles as a nurse is a real perk when it comes to Lia and her health!  She will have the shots once a month until the official end of RSV season, which is March.
-Ryan and I did our first-ever Black Friday shopping yesterday.  We got some great deals, and got quite a bit of our shopping done, but as for next year....that's still up in the air.  We had to stand in line at Younkers in front of a group of girls who all had matching Black Friday shirts on.  You know the girls I'm talking about?  Yeah, those girls....it.was.not.awesome.  I'm so glad I had Ryan with me, otherwise I might've just dropped all my stuff and walked out of the store.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...