I was one nervous wife on Saturday night when I got a call at about 8:30 that Ryan had passed out at work! Jack and I rushed to pick him up. I found out from his boss that he fainted and was out cold for about 15 seconds. Ryan doesn't have much recollection of the incident, just remembers thinking that he needed to sit down. When he woke up he felt fine, but after several opinions from different people we decided to play it safe, and go to the ER just to be sure everything was ok.
Luckily, all the tests came back fine. The doctors are still puzzled as to why it happened. Their thinking he probably just got hot, and since he had been working all day, collapsed. I was so relieved that he was ok, because I had a bigger problem on my hands.....an almost 2 year old, in the ER, for two hours, with all the buttons, chords, and noises imaginable. Since I had some warning that we were going to the hospital, I packed a few things to entertain him, but he wasn't interested in his books or crayons, he was interested in climbing on the hospital beds, pulling on chords, pushing buttons, playing with the swinging curtain, bothering the people next to us, and just about everything else you can imagine. One more reason why I wished we lived closer to family!!
Anyway, all is well here, we're all healthy, no one has fainted in a few days, and we're looking forward to a visit from Grandma Diane and Grandpa Maury this weekend!
Luckily, all the tests came back fine. The doctors are still puzzled as to why it happened. Their thinking he probably just got hot, and since he had been working all day, collapsed. I was so relieved that he was ok, because I had a bigger problem on my hands.....an almost 2 year old, in the ER, for two hours, with all the buttons, chords, and noises imaginable. Since I had some warning that we were going to the hospital, I packed a few things to entertain him, but he wasn't interested in his books or crayons, he was interested in climbing on the hospital beds, pulling on chords, pushing buttons, playing with the swinging curtain, bothering the people next to us, and just about everything else you can imagine. One more reason why I wished we lived closer to family!!
Anyway, all is well here, we're all healthy, no one has fainted in a few days, and we're looking forward to a visit from Grandma Diane and Grandpa Maury this weekend!
| Jack reading to Daddy in the ER. |
Comments
My daughter started passing out the middle of her Jr year in college. We eventually got to the bottom of it and she had an inner ear issue that was magnafied by being in the high altitude, as she was in school at NAU in Flagstaff. It got so bad we had to move her home and she had to finish her degree commuting to Tucson.