Today, I have been happily married for 3 years! Happy Anniversary, Ryan! I love you more today than the day I married you! We got a sitter tonight and headed out for a nice dinner. At dinner we talked about funny memories from our wedding, and had some good laughs.
Although I hate leaving Jack, it's always nice to get away for a couple hours without having to chase him around, yes, chase. which I'm doing a lot of lately. Jack does NOT like to ride in carts anymore, he has to either be pushing ( in which he ends up knocking things off shelves, because he cannot see where hes pushing), riding outside the cart, while hanging onto the end (you know, like we all did when we were kids) or running away. Today, we were at Michael's, and Jack would not ride in the cart, was unsuccessful at pushing, wouldn't let me carry him, and wouldn't hang onto the end for more than 2 seconds at a time. I turned my back for a mili-second, and he was off! I started to chase after him, but then realized i couldn't just leave the cart with my purse in it, so I turned back for the cart, and went off after him. Luckily, he enjoys running away so much that he laughs the whole time hes running, so I was able to find him (4 aisles away) by listening for the giggling 1 year old. It's getting hard to take him places by myself, I need Ryan there to help, or go by myself.
 |
| Before heading out for dinner. Our sitter snapped a quick pic for me. Thanks, Ashley! |
Onto other things...Ryan, Jack, and I headed up to school today so Ryan could help me get some furniture arranged, and my computers hooked up. Can't believe it's that time again already! So thankful that Ryan came to help! I thought Jack was going to be a handful, but he did a really good job sitting and coloring, typing on the keyboards, and pushing chairs around. Then Grandma Sue called, and he talked to her for a while, and wouldn't let anyone else talk. Silly boy.
 |
| At Mommy's school, talkin' to Grandma Sue. |
Continuing On...Ryan and I try to get to the Y several times a week to workout. Ryan works out longer than me, and while he's finishing his workout, I go and get Jack from the KidZone and we hang out until Daddy's done. The other day, he was acting like a crazy 1 1/2 year old (go figure) while we were waiting, so I decided to see if he would listen to some music off the ipod. Wow. Miracle. He loved it! He just sat there listening to the music. He loved it! I'm going to have to try that again, and download some music specifically for him.

And last, but certainly not least, a big shout out to my nephew, Zach, who took his first stab at RAGBRAI this past week. For my followers who aren't from Iowa, RAGBRAI is a bike ride across the entire state of Iowa, held annually every summer. It's a pretty big deal. While he didn't ride the whole thing, he did over 30 miles, which is a lot for an 11 year old! Way to go Zach! My father-in-law does the whole ride every summer, which is pretty amazing as well.
 |
| Zach and Grandpa Maury |
Ok, thats all for tonight!
Comments