Skip to main content

Oh Theres No Place Like Home For The Holidays!

As I start this blog, we are home in Iowa for the last night. Taking off tomorrow morning. Where has the last week gone? We have enjoyed spending the holidays with our family and friends. Jack was sooo fun this Christmas (compared to last year when he was 5 weeks old.) He tore the wrapping paper off of his presents inch by inch, and thoroughly enjoyed the boxes, tissue paper, bags, and bows!

We started in Norwalk, at my parents house with my immediate family.

Jack in front of the tree. Ready to get things started!


Pleeeeease Grandpa! Can we open presents now? (he is laughing, not crying in this pic)


Shields family picture in front of the tree. Jack was too excited to sit still.


Checkin' out the stuff in his stocking!


Testing out the new scalp massager on Ryan!!


Jack helping Grandpa open up one of his presents.


Reaching for more presents! (Jack has started taking 2-3 steps at a time. No long distances yet, but any day now!)


Uncle Brent built Jack his very own toy box!! Aunt Morgan painted it.


"Yep, I'll be able to get lots of toys in here!" Thanks Auntie Morgan and Uncle Brent!


Jack was really excited about his new car!


On Christmas Eve, we headed to Fairbank/Waterloo to spend some time with Ryan's family. This pic was of the whole crew at Ryan's grandma's house. We took this pic to send to Spencer.


On Christmas morning, Jack ate some breakfast with Aunt Hilary.


This dump truck is to haul around blocks, not little boys, but Jack doesn't care. His cousins, Zach and Noah took turns pushing him around in the truck. He loved it.


Spending some time with Grandpa Maury.


The Shields/Martinez Clan, (minus Spencer) on Christmas morning. Spencer called Christmas morning to talk to everyone. Jack even got to talk to him. He mostly said "oh, oh, oh" the whole conversation.


Opening a present with Daddy's help.


Jack in awe of Grandma Diane's Christmas tree!


Fairbank had over a foot of snow on the ground. This is Noah, waist high in snow!


Grandpa shoveling snow off the roof!


Yep, more dump truck fun with Zach! (The truck was Zach's from when he was a baby)

There was a brief period when I thought Jack might sleep in the dump truck. He looks right at home.


On the 26th, we headed back to Norwalk to have Christmas with my mom's side of the family.
Jack and Uncle Dan!

My honey and I.


Jack singing some Christmas carols. He likes to sing! (gets that from me!)


Jack and Grandma Sue! Love this picture. Frame worthy.


This is one of those pictures you will look back on in 20 years and think, remember when you were this small? I love love love love this picture.


I love my baby boy! (and he loves his mama!)


Jack helping Great Grandma B. with her cards. He was picky about what he wanted her to lay.


Since we were not with my dad's side of the family on Christmas Eve, my grandparents stopped over today on their way out of town to say hi and to give Jack his present. He loves his new talking book from them.



We hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas, and remembered the TRUE meaning of the season. Hoping that 2011 brings you much joy, peace, and happiness.

Comments

The Nerliens said…
Jack has got to be the CUTEST little boy that I've ever seen! Looks like you all had a great time. Merry Christmas to you all! I miss you! (PS - you look fabulous!)
Pam the Realtor said…
Looks like everyone had lots of fun. Did I ever tell you I have family in Waterloo?

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...