We celebrated Christmas tonight, just the three of us. It's the only night for a long time that we'll be alone, and we wanted to have a night where it was just us so Jack could open up his presents from us. We had tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner, one of our favorites (sooo not on my diet, but sooo worth it!) and then we let Jack open up his presents.
Before we started, I wanted to get some cute ones of Jack. Awwww.


Then I wanted to try and get some of just our family. Which is very challenging, because there was obviously no one here to take the picture. First we tried it with Ryan extending his arm to take it....

Then I put my camera on the coffee table and set the timer. This one turned out better, except Jack had no idea what we were doing, because there wasn't anyone behind the camera making funny noises or trying to get him to look. I guess we'll just wait until we're home to get some better pics of the 3 of us.


Before we started, I wanted to get some cute ones of Jack. Awwww.
Then I wanted to try and get some of just our family. Which is very challenging, because there was obviously no one here to take the picture. First we tried it with Ryan extending his arm to take it....
Then I put my camera on the coffee table and set the timer. This one turned out better, except Jack had no idea what we were doing, because there wasn't anyone behind the camera making funny noises or trying to get him to look. I guess we'll just wait until we're home to get some better pics of the 3 of us.
Then it was time to let Jack dig in! He was so funny. He tore of little pieces of paper and handed them all to me.


His first pair of Puma's. I bet you can guess who picked these out.

He wasn't so excited about all the clothes he got (Mommy was) but still enjoyed opening them!
He wasn't so excited about all the clothes he got (Mommy was) but still enjoyed opening them!
I don't have the picture on here, but we also got him an Elmo remote control, in hopes that he will stop playing with ours and quit DVRing Dateline. True story, he has DVRd it at least 3 times. It's weird.
We are looking forward to a short week and heading to Iowa on Wednesday! Check back for more photos from the 3 different Christmases we have while in IA.
Comments