Every December our team gets together to wrap the Christmas presents that we are giving to our students. This year, we met at Allison's house, enjoyed a delicious dinner (chili) some wonderful wine, fabulous conversation, and then got busy on our wrapping. It's always nice to have a night with the girls!
Let the wrapping begin!

After the wrapping was all done, we sat around and talked for a long time! It was great. I need nights like this more often! I know I have devil eyes in this picture, but I looked even worse after trying the 'red eye' button on my editing page...so, I just left the devil eyes on there.
After the wrapping was all done, we sat around and talked for a long time! It was great. I need nights like this more often! I know I have devil eyes in this picture, but I looked even worse after trying the 'red eye' button on my editing page...so, I just left the devil eyes on there.
In other news: One thing I love about working for USD259 are some of the great wellness programs they offer. You can sign up throughout the year to do tons of different wellness activities, and in return, get a cheaper insurance rate. In October, I did "Walktober", an incentive to record how much you walk, and log your steps. In November, I signed up for the "Maintain, No Gain" challenge, which encourages and provides tips on how to maintain or even lose weight over the holidays! (And just a little side note, I've lost almost 10 lbs!) And most recently, the district is offering the "Mindless Method" which is a program, designed to help you understand all the different choices you make when it comes to food. Ryan and I are both doing the program, and just received our books this week. Neither of us are that far into the book yet, but I must say, so far, it is very interesting! Did you know you make over 200 decisions about food every day? Crazy! The author of the book, did a seminar here in Wichita a few weeks back for 259 employees, but we weren't able to go that night. If he ever comes back again, I would really like to hear him speak.

Comments