Skip to main content

First Day!

Well, another first day of school is in the record books for me! I can't believe I'm already on my 4th year of teaching! It seems like yesterday I was in college! From what I can tell, I am going to have a good bunch of students this year! Which I am very thankful for, because I had quite a few behavior issues last year. I have 16 students so far, which any teacher will tell you, is a fabulous number! It's not too little, not too many, and it's an even number, which works out well for partner work!

So, you know how it's tradition to take your children's pictures on the first day of school? Well, for the past 4 years, I have had MY picture taken on the first day (yeah, it's corny, I know, I can just picture everyone laughing as they read that...) But, until we have children in school, why not? Plus, they are fun to look back at. Speaking of school pictures: Ryan keeps my school picture (the professional yearbook one) in his wallet. Awwwww.


First Day 2007: I was still Miss Rosien in this picture! Probably could be considered one of the most nerve-wracking days of my life! All of a sudden it was like: goodbye college, hello real world! Not to mention I had just moved 8 hours away from my friends and family! I will never ever forget my first class! Their in 4th grade this year! Crazy!! Some of them still call me Miss Rosien, and I love it!


First Day 2008: Well, for some reason I wasn't able to dig out this picture. I know I have it somewhere! This was my first year as a MRS. and I had only been married about a week when school started! Talk about cramming! Wedding and starting school all in a matter of a week and a half! It all worked out though!
First Day 2009: 6 months pregnant, and SWOLLEN! I remember thinking..."ok, I just have to make it to November, then I get a nice long break!" I have never been more tired! There was LOTS of ankle rubbing after those school days!


First Day 2010: Now I get to take my first day pictures with Jack! Hard to think that in 5 short years it will be Jack's first day of school! Notice the coffee in my hand? I couldn't survive without it!
Did you notice the progression? Single teacher, Married Teacher, Pregnant Teacher, Teacher with a baby! Ha! I love my life! God is so good!

Comments

Pam the Realtor said…
Love the first day pics! Even better how you tied it in with single, married etc. Glad to hear you have a good class. May your numbers stay low and even the entire year. My teacher friends here would kill for 16 in a class. 30 is more the norm.
Brett Bachtle said…
I wish I was in your class! That would be awesome! :)

Popular posts from this blog

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...