Well, today is day 11 in Iowa, and we will be heading back to Wichita this afternoon. I have mixed feelings about it. Am I ready to be in my own bed and not living out of a suitcase? Yes. Am I ready to leave all my friends and family? No.
Catching you up on the last several days:
We packed up from Norwalk (my parents) and headed to Fairbank (Ryan's parents). Jack had lots of fun with Grandpa Maury and Grandma Diane. He got to see lots of his aunts and uncles too!
Family pic by Grandma's pretty flowers.

Grandma has lots of turtles in her gardens. Jack thought they were fun!

Ryan and his mom

Grandma Diane playing on the deck with Jack.

Goin' for a ride in the wagon! How fun!

Grandpa Maury taking Jack for a ride.

Retirement party for Ryan's uncle Steve.

Catching you up on the last several days:
We packed up from Norwalk (my parents) and headed to Fairbank (Ryan's parents). Jack had lots of fun with Grandpa Maury and Grandma Diane. He got to see lots of his aunts and uncles too!
Family pic by Grandma's pretty flowers.
Grandma has lots of turtles in her gardens. Jack thought they were fun!
Ryan and his mom
Grandma Diane playing on the deck with Jack.
Goin' for a ride in the wagon! How fun!
Grandpa Maury taking Jack for a ride.
Retirement party for Ryan's uncle Steve.
Early Saturday morning we left Jack with his grandma and grandpa and headed to the 9th Annual Ronfest! Ronfest is a group of friends that tube down the Iowa River every summer and camp out. It's always a ton of fun! This year, because of all the rain, the river was at flood level and flowing way too fast, so we weren't able to tube. We still had fun camping anyway!
Yes, we are playing in the flood water.
Stay tuned for yet another post from our trip home. I have a bunch more pictures I want to share with you, including some from my moms camera that aren't downloaded yet! Well, I better get to packin' so we can get back on the road!
Comments
My brother and his family are in Iowa this week for a family thing and he keeps raving about how beautiful it is there. It's been too many years since I've been back to visit family. Your pics make me want to be there too!