We spent the holiday weekend in Kansas City with all of Ryan's family (minus Spencer, who is currently on his way BACK from Afghanistan!!) It was so nice to get away, relax, and spend time with family. A great way to kick off the start of summer! We are all exhausted from our trip, and (fingers crossed) hopefully ALL THREE of us will sleep all through the night tonight!
We started our vacation at Worlds of Fun. Ryan rode the bumper cars with Noah. As you can see, he is VERY excited!

Mommy and Daddy on the carousel with Jack. One of three rides he could go on! He loved it!

Ryan and Maury at Camp Snoopy.

We started our vacation at Worlds of Fun. Ryan rode the bumper cars with Noah. As you can see, he is VERY excited!
Mommy and Daddy on the carousel with Jack. One of three rides he could go on! He loved it!
Ryan and Maury at Camp Snoopy.
Grandma Diane and Grandpa Maury were a HUGE help taking care of Jack so we could go on some rides. So thankful for them!

Back at the hotel, Jack got to take his first swim in a pool! HE LOVED IT! He kicked his legs, splashed, rode in his floaty, rode on Daddy's back, and played with his cousins in the pool.

Swimming is so fun!!
Swimming is so fun!!
Family pic in the pool

Swimming is hard work! Jack fell asleep IN his floaty IN the pool! He loves to be in the water. So relaxing! Sweet dreams!

The next day, we ventured out and went several different places: The boys went to the College Basketball Experience, which is an interactive museum made to make you feel like you are a college basketball player. From what I hear, it was really cool! (The girls were shopping...)

Noah

Zach



We had lunch in the Power and Light District. It was awesome! I would love to go back at night sometime.

Swimming is hard work! Jack fell asleep IN his floaty IN the pool! He loves to be in the water. So relaxing! Sweet dreams!
The next day, we ventured out and went several different places: The boys went to the College Basketball Experience, which is an interactive museum made to make you feel like you are a college basketball player. From what I hear, it was really cool! (The girls were shopping...)
Noah

Zach



We had lunch in the Power and Light District. It was awesome! I would love to go back at night sometime.
Ry and I at lunch.

Noah being goofy

Ryan and I inside the district...can you see us?

Grandma Diane and Grandpa Maury with Jack. (He doesn't look 6 months in this picture...more like 2 years!! Such a big boy!)

Noah being goofy
Ryan and I inside the district...can you see us?
After our long day, we all met back at the hotel and went out for dinner.
Grandma Diane and Grandpa Maury with Jack. (He doesn't look 6 months in this picture...more like 2 years!! Such a big boy!)
This was Jack's first time sitting in a high chair at a restaurant! He did a very good job!

I don't have pictures of this, but we celebrated Ryan's graduation at Gates BBQ, some of the best BBQ you can get in Kansas City! It was soooooooo good! I recommend it to anyone traveling through there.
I don't have pictures of this, but we celebrated Ryan's graduation at Gates BBQ, some of the best BBQ you can get in Kansas City! It was soooooooo good! I recommend it to anyone traveling through there.
We finished up today at The Legends, doing some shopping and eating before getting back on the road to head home. It was nice being the family who had to travel the least distance to get home this time, usually it is the opposite!
Hope all of you had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend and remembered the true meaning of this holiday. Thank you to all who have served and are currently serving our country!
Comments