Meet the newest addition to our family! Jack Ryan Shields was born on November 19 at 1:17 pm. He weighted 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 21 inches long! He has a FULL head of beautiful blonde hair. Labor and delivery went very well with no complications. He has a little jaundice that we are working on getting rid of, but as far as everything else goes, he is a healthy little boy!
My parents have been down here helping us since Friday, and we are sooo thankful for that! They have been amazing! Cooking, cleaning, watching Jack so Ryan and I can nap, and answering lots and lots of questions from us first-time-parents! He has already had several "outings" including his first trip to Target today, and out for dinner tonight. Ryan and I are loving being parents and can't stop saying "I can't believe he's actually here!" and "he is so cute!"
We are looking forward to a trip home to Iowa over Christmas so we can show him off to more friends and family.
The following pictures are of Jack's first few days at home. Grandma Sue LOVES taking pictures of him, as you will see...so glad she was here to capture some special moments we will cherish forever!
Meet Jack....

My parents have been down here helping us since Friday, and we are sooo thankful for that! They have been amazing! Cooking, cleaning, watching Jack so Ryan and I can nap, and answering lots and lots of questions from us first-time-parents! He has already had several "outings" including his first trip to Target today, and out for dinner tonight. Ryan and I are loving being parents and can't stop saying "I can't believe he's actually here!" and "he is so cute!"
We are looking forward to a trip home to Iowa over Christmas so we can show him off to more friends and family.
The following pictures are of Jack's first few days at home. Grandma Sue LOVES taking pictures of him, as you will see...so glad she was here to capture some special moments we will cherish forever!
Meet Jack....
Comments
Linda Drish