My parents came to visit this weekend, and we had a wonderful time with them! They came Friday afternoon and visited my classroom for a couple of hours, and then my mom and I worked on baby stuff for the rest of the weekend while my dad and Ryan watched football! We got a lot accomplished, and I am so grateful for my moms help! I couldn't have done all of this without her!
My dad playing a math game with some of my students.

Students teaching my mom how to play a game.

When we got home from school, we went into 'baby mode.' After Ryan grilled us some good food, we put together the cradle. Ok, so I can't take any credit, because my mom actually did all of it, I just hopped in the pic at the last minute! The cradle is all ready to go, right next to our bed, where Jack will sleep when he first comes home. The last couple of nights, I have just lay in bed staring at it...it's weird to think that in not much longer, there will actually be a baby sleeping in it!

My mom and I made enough food for 9 meals to enjoy after Jack arrives! (I did actually help with this part). We put them all in the freezer, so all we have to do is thaw and heat for a complete meal! I also got some good cooking lessons from my mom during the whole process. As most of you know, Ryan does all the cooking around here :)

Mmmm lots of good food, all ready to go! Thanks mom!

Of course the weekend wouldn't be complete if we didn't do some shopping! My mom and I went to a few baby boutiques, and found some really cute decorations for the nursery! We were hoping that the crib would've been here by this weekend, but we are still waiting on it. These wall words, are centered right above where the crib will go. How cute! Again, thanks to my talented mom for doing this! As more decorations go up, and we get the crib put together, I will post more pictures.
My dad playing a math game with some of my students.
Students teaching my mom how to play a game.
When we got home from school, we went into 'baby mode.' After Ryan grilled us some good food, we put together the cradle. Ok, so I can't take any credit, because my mom actually did all of it, I just hopped in the pic at the last minute! The cradle is all ready to go, right next to our bed, where Jack will sleep when he first comes home. The last couple of nights, I have just lay in bed staring at it...it's weird to think that in not much longer, there will actually be a baby sleeping in it!
My mom and I made enough food for 9 meals to enjoy after Jack arrives! (I did actually help with this part). We put them all in the freezer, so all we have to do is thaw and heat for a complete meal! I also got some good cooking lessons from my mom during the whole process. As most of you know, Ryan does all the cooking around here :)
Mmmm lots of good food, all ready to go! Thanks mom!
Of course the weekend wouldn't be complete if we didn't do some shopping! My mom and I went to a few baby boutiques, and found some really cute decorations for the nursery! We were hoping that the crib would've been here by this weekend, but we are still waiting on it. These wall words, are centered right above where the crib will go. How cute! Again, thanks to my talented mom for doing this! As more decorations go up, and we get the crib put together, I will post more pictures.
I feel so good about the stuff that we got done this weekend! Plus, even after all the baby stuff we got done, we still had time to fit a movie! Thanks mom and dad for all you did for us this weekend! It is very much appreciated!
In other news...no school tomorrow for Labor Day, and then we have inservice on Tuesday, so I won't have any students until Wednesday! We are looking forward to some yummy food from the Bonefish Grill tonight with Adam and Arrena. Neither of us have eaten there before, but have heard from several different people how good it is!
Hope everyone has had a nice holiday weekend! Enjoy what is left of it!
Comments