Skip to main content

2016 Recap

As 2016 comes to an end, I thought I would recap our year.  As with any year, we had some highs, and we had some lows, but in the end, I have an amazing, hard working husband, two healthy children who are my whole world, a job that I love, and the most supportive family and friends that a girl could ask for.

January: Morgan and I hosted a baby shower, for my sister in law, Alex.  We patiently awaited the arrival of our new niece.

February:  Lia had her annual echo and EKG.  Things look amazing, and she continues to show signs of good health!

The bravest girl I know!

March: We welcomed our niece, Finley, into the world, and celebrated Lia turning 4 with a Belle themed party!
Lia and Finley
She's FOUR!

April: By far the saddest month of the year, as we said goodbye to my grandfather.  Although we are so thankful he isn't suffering anymore, and is spending eternity in Heaven, we sure do miss him.
Hated saying goodbye to him.  But how lucky am I to have had him for 32 years?
April also brought a trip to Chicago to see our friends Abby and Liam.  Got to see a Bulls vs. Cavs game, toured Lagunitas Brewery, and of course, visited Wrigley Field!

May:  Ashley turned 32, and Jack started his first season of baseball!  He made so much improvement as the season went on.  We are so proud of him.
Proud of our little baseball player!


June:  Ryan turned 35, and Lia danced in her first recital!  We loved seeing her tap and ballet routine.  She loves to dance and added jazz to her to her repertoire this year.



July:  July was by far the best month of the year for us.  The Make A Wish Foundation sent us to Florida for a week at Disney World to fulfill Lia's dream of meeting Princess Belle.  We had a magical get away, and will forever be grateful for our experience with Make A Wish and Give Kids The World.

Cocoa Beach, FL

Belle: The newest Team Lia supporter!

Epcot

Jedi Training

Made over into Snow White!

August:  Ryan and Ashley celebrated 8 years of marriage!  Jack became a first grader, and Lia started her second year of pre school!


Annual trip to the great Iowa State Fair!

September:  Jack played fall soccer, and loved it!

October:  Jack and Lia wanted to relive their Disney days, so Jack dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween and Lia was Snow White!


November:  Jack turned 7 and began his first season of basketball!  He says basketball is his current most favorite sport.  He loved being on the court and we loved watching him.  Also, I can't leave out the fact that the Cubs won the world series!  Ryan was like a kid on Christmas!  Go Cubs!
Jack and Lia with Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Sue after one of his games.

We got to have luch at school with Jack on his birthday!
Rachel and I hosted a baby shower for mom-to-be, Abby!

Fishing with Grandpa Maury while we were back over Thanksgiving weekend.

December:  We found ourselves surrounded by family as we celebrated Christs' birth. Also paid a special visit to Santa Claus.

After the business of the Thanksgiving holiday, we let Jack have his first FRIEND birthday party in December.  We went bowling and played laser tag!  Lots of fun was had by all.


I hope this blog finds you feeling as blessed as I do.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...