Skip to main content

Lia's Birthday Week

Yes, you read that correctly, birthday WEEK.  That's basically what it is!  We celebrated the Saturday before Lia's birthday with my side of the family, her actual birthday (which was a Wed.), and then the Saturday after her birthday with Ryan's side of the family!  Whew!  She doesn't even have 'friend' parties yet!  That's a whole lotta birthday for a 2 year old!

Speaking of that, ughhhhh my BABY is TWO!  I can hardly believe it.  Shes growing up so fast!  Saying more and more words, starting to go potty on the big potty, and getting tall!  She is tall and skinny!  At her 2 year check up, she weighed in at 26 lbs., and I can't remember her height off the top of my head, but I know it was close to the 80th percentile! 

Little update on Lia's health:  Her pediatrician noticed a red spot in her ear at her well child check, and thought it might be in the start of an ear infection.  Lia had had NO signs of an ear infection though, and deep in the pit of my stomach, I thought, oh no....it's another hemangioma.  We decided to start her on antibiotics to see if the redness changed at all, and after a follow up appointment yesterday, the redness had not changed one bit after a week of meds.  So yep, back to the ENT doctor we go.  You may remember, we finally got get ween her off her propranolol for the hemangiomas in Sept., but looks like we may be starting that routine up again if this is in fact a hemangioma growing in her ear.  On the positive side, they are treatable.  Also on the positive side, it's not like shes having open heart surgery or anything!!!!!

Enjoy the pictures of Miss Lia and her birthday celebrations!
A girl's gotta have cute hair for her birthday party!


Opening gifts

I'm not sure whose more excited about getting Frozen; Lia or her mom.


Princess Lia!


Hello Kitty!

Uhhh Mom, why are all these people singing and staring at me?

VIP Table for Lia and Brynn

Mmmmm cake!

Jack and Eli

Aunt Morgan with the girls

Sporting her new shades while we enjoyed ice cream on her actual birthday.

Lia was blowing up the Instagram Feed on her birthday--here she is with Brooke

And Macie....



And Quinn!  Thanks for all the love, Ault Girls!!


New Big Wheel!
Celebrating in Fairbank with her birthday twin, and cousin, Zach! They were born on the exact same day, 12 years apart.

Jack sitting on Uncle Tom's motorcycle!  He felt pretty cool!

Lia on Uncle Tom's bike.






Thats one big helmet!

Opening presents at Grandma Diane and Grandpa Maury's house! Notice--more new shades! And a new suitcase for staying with Grandma and Grandpa!

Modeling some new outfits!

Aunt Jill made Lia a Queen Elsa (from Frozen) cake!  It was awesome, and Lia of course loved it!  Lia often refers to herself at Elsa...or in Lia language, "Eltha"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...