Skip to main content

Big Girl Bed & Busy Weekend!

Last weekend, we took the front off of Lia's crib.  She is now in a 'big girl' bed!  It was a rough first night, as Ryan and I both had to take shifts laying on the floor next to her, but she is adjusting just fine.  The funny thing is, is that she still hasn't gotten out of the bed during the night.  I don't know if she doesn't realize that she can, or if she is too scared.  Either way, it's good for us!  Lia has never been a good sleeper, and often still does not sleep the whole night, so we are used to that.  Once she realizes that she can get up and has the freedom to walk around, we might have an issue on our hands!
Jack and Lia helping Daddy with the crib

Big Girl!
Look at me!

 With all the crazy weather this winter has brought, we have had our fair share of cancellations, late starts, and then this last week, we had an early dismissal.  Usually, I take Jack to our sitter's over my lunch break, but since we were getting out early, I just kept him at school with me until the rest of the students were dismissed.  Him staying at school a little while longer with me, meant he got to try his first school lunch!  He was so excited.  He always sees the kids eating as we leave for the sitters and says he can't wait until Kindergarten for when he can try school lunch.  He devoured his lunch! 


This past weekend, my in-laws came and stayed with us!  We had a lot of fun catching up with them, and got to see our nephews play soccer too. We even celebrated Grandma and Grandpa's upcoming birthdays with a cookie cake.
Seeing how tall they could build their tower.

Grandpa helping Lia get in on the action.

Reading with Grandma Diane

Cousin play time between soccer matches
Happy Birthday!
Jack and Lia got in on some of the candle action. 

Saturday night, we had some friends and their kids over for dinner and drinks.  I got my baby fix in with 11 month old Ryder and 6 month old Camden! Such sweeties! Can you believe that I have not one single picture from our entire night?  That is so not like me!

Sunday we enjoyed more time with Leo and the boys before they headed back to Coralville, and then my mom and I went to the craft show at the Fairgrounds.  Sunday night, we had my sister and niece, Brynn, over for dinner and play time on Sunday night.  (Again, no pictures of that either....boo!!)

We had a fast, but fun weekend! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...