Skip to main content

Warning: Lots of pictures!

 The title of this blog pretty much sums it up.  I'm so far behind in blogging, that all I can really say without typing a book, is that I have a ton of pictures to share with you! The last few days of our summer were spent at the pool, the Iowa State Fair, and with family and friends!

The kids both started at a new daycare last week.  Lia adjusted to it just fine.  Jack on the other hand, has had a tough time.  He cries when I drop him off, and gets teary throughout the day.  If you remember, he and Lia were home with Ryan all of last year, so having to adjust back into daycare is hard on him.  I'm hoping that soon the tears will stop flowing, and he'll be having lots of fun!  He starts 1/2 day preschool after Labor Day, so he will go to school with me in the mornings, and then daycare in the afternoons. We love our new sitter, Angie.  She is very sweet, has lots of fun toys, and came highly recommended.  She babysits for several different teachers families in the SEP district.

I started school this week.  Hard to believe I'm into year 7 already.  I am teaching special education again at Willowbrook Elementary in Altoona.  This week has been exhausting.  My brain is fried.  Between getting my classroom ready, figuring out schedules, reading over IEPs, worrying about Jack, and everything else that comes between all that, I am really looking forward to the weekend.


Little Miss Lia at Adventureland

Jeremy and Lia in the wave pool
We love the Olesen boys!  No, seriously, Jack LOVES them!

Mmmm ice cream!

Have you every tried to blow up your basketball with your moth?  It's VERY hard.

Dolls, dolls, and more dolls.
Jeremy and Amy watched J&L for me while I worked in my classroom for a few hours.  They had lots of fun feeding the ducks!
Swinging!
Grandma Sue made special blankets to keep at the new sitters house.  Jack's is Snoopy, and Lia's is Hello Kitty.

Lia at Angie's house!  She loves it there.

Our new sitter, Angie!  This was the end of the day.  Kids were very tired!

Concentrating on blowing bubbles.

Awwww
Meet the teacher night at Willowbrook!  This is Jessie.  She is one of the associates in Jack's room.

Jack's preschool teacher, Ms. Sarah, who is not to be confused with AUNT Sarah, who Jack THOUGHT was going to be his teacher.

Munching on daddy's turkey leg at the State Fair

Jack wanted to take this horse home.

I also said no to bringing the mini-horse home.

Daddy and Jack on the giant slide!

Here they go again!

All American Boy--Corn dog and American Flag

Lia was lovin' the fair!

Jack planting his crops at 'Little Hands on the Farm' at the fair.
Adult fun at the fair:  Amy and I with a cow.

East-sider Night:  Jessica, Amy and I

 Ok, I'm going to bed.  I'm tired.  I'm going to try really hard to keep caught up with all this! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...