Well, I have entered into my last year of my 20's. I turned 29 on Saturday. As my mom put it, I'll be 29 forever now. I can't wait to turn 29 again next year :)
We celebrated with a nice dinner with my parents and siblings. My mom is so good at making our birthdays special, even as adults. We still get to pick whatever meal we want, including whatever dessert we want! I love that she still does that.
I took a personal day on Monday to spend time with Ryan and the kids. It was so incredibly wonderful. The weather was perfect, and I loved my time home with them. Just gotta get through a couple more weeks of school, and then I can enjoy *most* of my summer with them. I say most, because I will be teaching summer school during the month of July. It's only in the mornings, and only 4 days/week, so I will still be able to spend lots of time with J&L.
I want to give a special thank you to all of you who have donated to our Team Lia fund for the American Heart Association. YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL!!! We are over 1/2 way to our goal of $500. All of the donations go directly to the AHA to fund research for various types of heart disease, including congenital heart defects. If you'd like to check out 'Team Lia' click here. Also, if you are wanting to order a shirt for the Heart Walk, please send me an email with your shirt size. I have included a picture of what the shirts will look like below (thank you, Lindsay DeMouth for the wonderful design!!). The cost for the shirt will be somewhere between $12-$14. Email me at a.shields@hotmail.com Even if you aren't walking, and still would like to sport a Team Lia shirt, let me know! We have some family and friends who aren't able to make the walk, but would still like to order one, which is wonderful! Just let me know. Speaking of the Heart Walk, we'd love to have you on our team. The walk is the morning of June 15. We meet at the capital, and you can choose a 1 mile or 3 mile route. Afterwards, there are some booths, and games for the kids. I set a personal goal of 20 people walking on Team Lia that morning, but if we could get more, that would be even better!
Enjoy all the pictures from the last week!
We celebrated with a nice dinner with my parents and siblings. My mom is so good at making our birthdays special, even as adults. We still get to pick whatever meal we want, including whatever dessert we want! I love that she still does that.
I took a personal day on Monday to spend time with Ryan and the kids. It was so incredibly wonderful. The weather was perfect, and I loved my time home with them. Just gotta get through a couple more weeks of school, and then I can enjoy *most* of my summer with them. I say most, because I will be teaching summer school during the month of July. It's only in the mornings, and only 4 days/week, so I will still be able to spend lots of time with J&L.
I want to give a special thank you to all of you who have donated to our Team Lia fund for the American Heart Association. YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL!!! We are over 1/2 way to our goal of $500. All of the donations go directly to the AHA to fund research for various types of heart disease, including congenital heart defects. If you'd like to check out 'Team Lia' click here. Also, if you are wanting to order a shirt for the Heart Walk, please send me an email with your shirt size. I have included a picture of what the shirts will look like below (thank you, Lindsay DeMouth for the wonderful design!!). The cost for the shirt will be somewhere between $12-$14. Email me at a.shields@hotmail.com Even if you aren't walking, and still would like to sport a Team Lia shirt, let me know! We have some family and friends who aren't able to make the walk, but would still like to order one, which is wonderful! Just let me know. Speaking of the Heart Walk, we'd love to have you on our team. The walk is the morning of June 15. We meet at the capital, and you can choose a 1 mile or 3 mile route. Afterwards, there are some booths, and games for the kids. I set a personal goal of 20 people walking on Team Lia that morning, but if we could get more, that would be even better!
Enjoy all the pictures from the last week!
| Happy Birthday, Mommy! |
| Helping me blow out the candles. |
| I love my family. |
| Mommy and her girl. |
| My niece, Brynn. I can't get enough of her. |
| Riding around. |
| Auntie M and Lia |
| My cool dude. |
| Grandma Sue's water table is perfect for days when it's too cold to get the pool out! |
| Try not to stare at the snot, but rather, enjoy those beautiful blue eyes! |
| Lia and Grandma Sue |
| Haven't we taken enough pictures yet? |
| Seriously, Mom. Enough with the pictures. |
| Playing at the park on my day off! |
| picnic lunch with my favorites. |
![]() |
| Order your team Lia shirt! Join us for the Des Moines Heart Walk!! |

Comments