Wow. What a day. Where do I even begin?
Today, when I got to school, I walked into my room, and the WHOLE room was covered with hearts. Hearts hanging from the ceiling, hearts all over the walls, hearts on my desk, hearts even taped to my desk chair. I instantly started crying when I saw what was written on one of the hearts on my desk. It was from the Willowbrook Elementary staff letting me know that they were supporting me and that their 'hearts' were with me during CHD Awareness Week. It was a total surprise. As more staff got to school, each one of them was wearing red. I was speechless, and crying. And then, as students started to trickle into the building, they were also wearing red! The whole school. Wearing red. For Lia. For me. I can't even describe to you how much it meant to me. I really saw Willowbrook's true colors today, and have never felt more apart of the Willowbrook "family" than I did today.
It didn't stop there though.....about an hour into the school day, I was visited by one of the school's associates, Sarah, and her daughter Hannah. They gave me a heart-shaped card. Inside the card, it was stated that in Lia's honor, their family had made a donation to the American Heart Association. The card went on to talk about how Hannah was adopted, and each year on the day of her adoption, her "Hannah-versary" they celebrate. This year, to celebrate, they made this donation. Again, tears. For a 2nd grader to want to do overwhelms my heart!
It didn't stop there though....a little while later, I got an email from my friend, Stacey, whom I worked with at Linwood Elementary in Wichita. She let me know that every Friday in February, the Linwood staff was going to be wearing red for Lia. Again, more tears. Along with the email, came a picture of the staff wearing red today. I didn't recognize all the faces in the picture, which means that even the new staff is supporting us! People who have no idea who we even are. I cannot even tell you how much this means to me. I miss my co workers in Wichita terribly. This means the world to me that they would do this.
This doesn't even include all of you who dressed yourselves in red, or your kids in red and shared those photos with me on Facebook. To all of you, thank you! Today was an awesome day for me that helped me to realize just how much support we have out there. I will never ever forget this day!
Today, when I got to school, I walked into my room, and the WHOLE room was covered with hearts. Hearts hanging from the ceiling, hearts all over the walls, hearts on my desk, hearts even taped to my desk chair. I instantly started crying when I saw what was written on one of the hearts on my desk. It was from the Willowbrook Elementary staff letting me know that they were supporting me and that their 'hearts' were with me during CHD Awareness Week. It was a total surprise. As more staff got to school, each one of them was wearing red. I was speechless, and crying. And then, as students started to trickle into the building, they were also wearing red! The whole school. Wearing red. For Lia. For me. I can't even describe to you how much it meant to me. I really saw Willowbrook's true colors today, and have never felt more apart of the Willowbrook "family" than I did today.
It didn't stop there though.....about an hour into the school day, I was visited by one of the school's associates, Sarah, and her daughter Hannah. They gave me a heart-shaped card. Inside the card, it was stated that in Lia's honor, their family had made a donation to the American Heart Association. The card went on to talk about how Hannah was adopted, and each year on the day of her adoption, her "Hannah-versary" they celebrate. This year, to celebrate, they made this donation. Again, tears. For a 2nd grader to want to do overwhelms my heart!
It didn't stop there though....a little while later, I got an email from my friend, Stacey, whom I worked with at Linwood Elementary in Wichita. She let me know that every Friday in February, the Linwood staff was going to be wearing red for Lia. Again, more tears. Along with the email, came a picture of the staff wearing red today. I didn't recognize all the faces in the picture, which means that even the new staff is supporting us! People who have no idea who we even are. I cannot even tell you how much this means to me. I miss my co workers in Wichita terribly. This means the world to me that they would do this.
This doesn't even include all of you who dressed yourselves in red, or your kids in red and shared those photos with me on Facebook. To all of you, thank you! Today was an awesome day for me that helped me to realize just how much support we have out there. I will never ever forget this day!
| Thank you so much, Willowbrook Elementary! |
| Part of my room decor. This picture doesn't even do it justice! |
| This is what all of my walls looked like. |
| Donation to the AHA from the Millard's |
| Kindergarten class, all in red! |
![]() |
| Pre-K class, in red, AND shaped like a heart! |
| Linwood Elementary, in Wichita. Their hands are in the shapes of hearts, and the signs say 'Linwood Loves Lia' |

Comments