As promised, here are some pics from our first week of summer break together! First up: Treat Cup. We got a package in the mail from my Grandma (whom I call Nanny) and Grandpa Rosien! It was the "treat cup" that all us grandkids used to eat out of when we were at my grandparents house when we were little. Some of my favorite treats to eat out of it were chocolate chips, marshmallows, and red hots! Well, Jack was the lucky recipient of the official "treat cup" and he has loved using it. It's funny how something so small can hold some of the fondest memories. I got a little teary eyed when I got it and read the note that came with it. Thanks Nanny!
 |
| We're still working on keeping the treats in the cup. |
 |
| Mmmm |
Memorial Day: Adam and Arrena came over to grill out with us on Memorial Day. Jack loves to play with them. Of course he got his books out right away and begged Adam to read to him. I love that he loves to read.
 |
| Adam reading to Jack. Looks like Elmo got in on the action too. |
 |
| Soakin' up some of Arrena's attention! |
Little Chef: This is how Jack helps Mommy cook dinner. He loves to give me samples of his cooking by sticking the spoon in my mouth and saying "yummy yummy yummy!"
Little swimmer: We made our first summer trip to the pool yesterday with my friend Erica, and her kiddos. Jack was hesitant at first, but quickly fell in love with the pool. We will be making lots of trips back there! Four of the YMCA's here have outdoor pools, so we get in with our membership.
 |
Thanks for the new hat, Grandma Diane, it kept the sun out of my sensitive little eyes!
Thanks Grandma Sue, for the new trunks. I couldn't keep the ladies away! |
 |
| Jack LOVED playing with Devyn (Erica's daughter) |
RiverFest: Last night kicked off RiverFest here in Wichita. Our friend, Tim, is in town for his work, so we all went down to watch the fireworks last night. I thought Jack might be scared (he still hates the vacuum) but he was rather un-emotional. Which, those of you who know Jack, know that isn't surprising either. He didn't hate them. He didn't love them. That's my Jack!
Well, Jack is asleep, so I might try and get a little nap in too! Have a great rest of the weekend!
Comments