Now that we are into the 9th month of this pregnancy (I know, hard to believe...) Ryan and I have started getting down to business taking care of some final things before Jack arrives. We are trying to do all we can now to make things easier once I go into labor.
Hospital bag packed-check
Car seat installed-check
Crib/Changing Table assembled-check
Babysitter-almost check (we're debating between two right now...)
Baby clothes washed-check
Pre-registered at hospital-check
Long Term Sub lined up-check
Maternity leave paperwork complete-check
There are more things to add to this list, but you get the idea! We are seeing our doctor weekly to check for dilation, and to make sure everything is going ok. My doctor says that I look "right on track" for my due date (Nov. 22). No dilation yet. He even talked to me about the procedure for going past my due date...and I REALLY hope that doesn't happen. Actual quote from doctor "Lots of women don't deliver until their in their 10th month..." Like I said earlier, I really don't want that to happen!! Although, I can't complain too much, I'm still getting around just fine, blood pressure is normal, still getting down and up off the floor with students without much struggle, and feeling great! I am, however, walking a little slower, not sleeping as soundly, and the flight of stairs up to our apartment is taking a little longer than it used to. Thank goodness for my patient husband!

Daddy installing the base for the car seat!

Pretty soon there will be a baby boy riding in there!

We finally got our crib!!! For those of you who know what a headache this was for us, know that it's a huge relief off of our shoulders!

Nursery is ALMOST complete--Grandma Rosien is bringing down the crib mattress, glider and ottoman, curtains, lighting, and doing all the decorating on the walls when she comes right after Jack is born! Doesn't the bedding she made look awesome with the black crib! I am so happy with how everything turned out!
Hospital bag packed-check
Car seat installed-check
Crib/Changing Table assembled-check
Babysitter-almost check (we're debating between two right now...)
Baby clothes washed-check
Pre-registered at hospital-check
Long Term Sub lined up-check
Maternity leave paperwork complete-check
There are more things to add to this list, but you get the idea! We are seeing our doctor weekly to check for dilation, and to make sure everything is going ok. My doctor says that I look "right on track" for my due date (Nov. 22). No dilation yet. He even talked to me about the procedure for going past my due date...and I REALLY hope that doesn't happen. Actual quote from doctor "Lots of women don't deliver until their in their 10th month..." Like I said earlier, I really don't want that to happen!! Although, I can't complain too much, I'm still getting around just fine, blood pressure is normal, still getting down and up off the floor with students without much struggle, and feeling great! I am, however, walking a little slower, not sleeping as soundly, and the flight of stairs up to our apartment is taking a little longer than it used to. Thank goodness for my patient husband!
Daddy installing the base for the car seat!
Pretty soon there will be a baby boy riding in there!
We finally got our crib!!! For those of you who know what a headache this was for us, know that it's a huge relief off of our shoulders!
Nursery is ALMOST complete--Grandma Rosien is bringing down the crib mattress, glider and ottoman, curtains, lighting, and doing all the decorating on the walls when she comes right after Jack is born! Doesn't the bedding she made look awesome with the black crib! I am so happy with how everything turned out!
Before I finish this blog, I want to leave you with a cute story: There is this cute little old couple who often eats at Carlos O Kellys (where Ryan works). They always pray together before their meal, and always ask whoever their server is something they need prayer for and then they pray for the server too. The last time Ryan waited on them, he asked them to pray for Jack and I, and that everything with labor and delivery went well. Now when they are in the restaurant, they always ask how we are doing and say that they are praying for us. Sometimes it's the little things in life that people do, that warm your heart the most.
Comments