Skip to main content

Mother's Day/Birthday

Wow! Where has May gone? We have had a very busy month! I can't believe that Memorial Day is on Monday already! (Not that I'm complaining, because that means a day off for me!) We spent the first weekend in May home in IA celebrating Spencer's homecoming from Iraq, then the second weekend, I got to celebrate my first (sort of) Mothers Day with Ryan! The weekend after that, we were home again for Morgan's bridal shower, then we will be home again the last weekend in May for her bachelorette party! I am getting a pedicure this weekend with Arrena, which will be sooooo relaxing and wonderful!

Somewhere amidst all of this, I managed to turn the big 2-5! We celebrated by going out for a nice steak dinner and then spending a relaxing night at home together. Being pregnant sure puts a halt on some birthday festivities (atleast compared to previous years)....well worth it though :) I was showered with a variety of gifts from my students (dandelions, random coins, pictures, half burnt candles, and LOTS of stuff for the baby!) My students had it in their heads that it was the baby's birthday also, and the baby received a yo-yo and a beautiful red magic marker amongst about 100 pictures and drawings for it. Not only did my students sing happy birthday to me, but we also sang it again to the baby as well. We finished the school day with cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches, and juice boxes.

Why didn't I correct them on the baby's birthday you might ask? Well, I thought about it, but I didn't want to "spark" and conversations about where babys come from, so I just let it be...


Ryan made me breakfast in bed on Mother's Day! I knew that tray we registered for would come in handy someday! Please remember while looking at this picture that I had not even been out of bed yet, which explains my "morning look". And yes, I ate ALL OF IT.


This is one of the pictures I got on my birthday. It says "Happy Birthday Ms. S., I love you Mrs. S., Love Elijah." If you notice the beautiful picture of me, there is a tiny little baby in the circle that Elijah drew as my belly. The small figure standing next to me, is the baby after it is born. Don't I just look beautiful? I especially like my hair...


This is a card I got from Aliya....as you can see, she is hoping for a girl :)

And here is me at 14 weeks! Finally done with the first trimester!! They say that the second trimester is the most enjoyable part of being pregnant, and I hope thier right! I am really starting to feel a lot better, and only taking my nausea meds at night now! Hopefully soon, I won't need them at all!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Ashley (& Ryan)

Comments

The Nerliens said…
You look so cute! It's fun to see how much you've grown in just 2 weeks! WOW!
Dawn said…
Hi Sweet Pea!!!

You look SOOO cute!!! I wish I could have looked as cute as you and Brooke do when I was pregnant! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better....:) Can't wait to see you soon (hopefully) and rub your tummy!

Dawn

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

Well....my mom and sister and other various family members have started asking what Ryan and I want for Christmas this year....so I began thinking, and here is my Christmas list thus far: *Dance Dance Revolution for Wii (Don't laugh, it's actually really fun) *Dancing With the Stars for Wii *Waffle Maker *good quality chef's knife *fun dress socks to wear to work *black boots with pointed toe *brown boots with pointed toe *Dressy winter coat *Wall Flower refills (for home and school) Ryan and I aren't shopping for each other this year since we are honeymooning over New Years. We are going to Las Vegas, and I can't wait!

9 1/2 Hours

9 1/2 hours until my sweet baby girl goes in for her third open heart surgery.  This isn't just any surgery.  It's a big one.  This surgery would be a big deal for a 40 year old.  So you can imagine the seriousness and high risk on a 3 week old.  I am nauseous and scared.  I pray with all my heart that her little body can handle the intensity and recovery involved with something this big.  The nurses have prepared us for the worst, which I am thankful for, but am remaining optimistic and strong in faith.  They have told me that she will be VERY sick for several days following her surgery.  She may even come back to her room in the PICU still on bypass.  Even if she doesn't come back on bypass, she could still go back on it a few days later.  In addition to all her machines and medicines now, she will also come back with a pacemaker, and possibly the ECMO (bypass) machine. Lia opened her eyes today, and looked around the ...

Praising God!!!

Lia has had a REALLY good 24 hours! She passed her carseat test! Has taken ALL her feedings orally! Feeding tube is OUT! Breathing treatments have been cancelled! Ryan and I have started a 24 hr PCS (parent care status) where we are completely in charge of all feedings and medications.  The nurse will only check on us periodically. This is done to make sure we will be able to handle everything at home. NO MONITORS!  I just walked into our bathroom with Lia...simply because I COULD! Pharmacy has come to talk to us about all her prescriptions, and how to administer all medications. Got a basket ready for all the 'skimming' supplies I'll need for home. Arrangements have been made for follow up care with cardiologist and pediatrician! Discharge, yes, I said it, DISCHARGE scheduled for Tuesday!  Ok, I'm crying now that I just typed that! Once again, thank you for all your continued support and prayer!  Don't we have an amazing God? These oral feedings r...