Well, after 24 (almost 25) years, I am officially a glasses wearing woman!! Yes, most people would not be excited, but I am the exact opposite! Ever since my lil sis got glasses when we were young, I have ALWAYS wanted them. In fact, my mom can tell a very good story about being at the eye doctor when we were younger, and me throwing a fit because Morgan got to get glasses and I didn't get any! While Morgan would probably give anything to get rid of hers, I was on cloud 9 after my trip to the optometrist a couple of weeks ago, when I found out I was near sighted in both eyes, with astigmatism in my right eye.
My students gave me some very nice compliments on my first day of wearing them. "Mrs. Shields, you look SO GOOD!" "Mrs. Shields, you look like the nicest teacher ever when you wear those. " "Mrs. Shields, remember you should not wear those at recess or to PE!" (my personal favorite).
While we were at it, Ryan updated his prescription as well, and he is also sportin' some new frames! I am still getting used to them, and can only wear them for short periods of time because my head starts to hurt after a while, but over all, I am very pleased with them!
My students gave me some very nice compliments on my first day of wearing them. "Mrs. Shields, you look SO GOOD!" "Mrs. Shields, you look like the nicest teacher ever when you wear those. " "Mrs. Shields, remember you should not wear those at recess or to PE!" (my personal favorite).
While we were at it, Ryan updated his prescription as well, and he is also sportin' some new frames! I am still getting used to them, and can only wear them for short periods of time because my head starts to hurt after a while, but over all, I am very pleased with them!
Comments