I had wonderful LONG weekend at home! Friday night started with a date for Ryan and I, to Johnny Carino's for some delicious pasta, and a movie to follow! Sunday night we went out for dinner with good friends, Adam and Arrena, and then watched some football! On Monday, I didn't have school because of MLK Jr. Day, and Tuesday was an inservice with no students either! I tried my hand at my first ever pot roast on Tuesday night, (with Ryan supervising, of course) and I must say, it turned out pretty well!
Ryan and I have been doing a lot of organizing around here. We both went through all our clothes and gave away anything we didn't wear anymore. I also went through decorations I wasn't using in the apartment anymore, and picture frames I've had since high school and got ride of a lot of them. We went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought these things called 'dream drawers', which are organizers for your dresser drawers and LOVE them! I put them in my sock drawer to organize everything. It looks great now! Our apartment feels much more organized now!
On another note....today was back to reality for me. In all honesty, I was ready to go back. It was good to see my kiddos today. I sort of missed them....(weird, I know.) We have had quite the sickness in our room. Currently, I have 1 student out for pink eye, 2 gone with fevers, 1 with bronchitis, and another who I sent home today with a sore throat. Good thing it's a short week. My lovely students and I spent part of our afternoon wiping things down with Clorox wipes to get rid of all the germs floating around our room.
Ryan started back to school yesterday. His classes seem to get harder and harder (atleast from my perspective...) He is taking several CAD classes this semester. Along with physics 3, Calculus 3, and mechanical design. And to think...I thought Math & Decision Making was hard! I hope our kids get Ryan's brain!
And to leave you with one more thing....7 years ago this very week, I went with my parents and toured the campus of UNI. I FEEL OLD.
Ryan and I have been doing a lot of organizing around here. We both went through all our clothes and gave away anything we didn't wear anymore. I also went through decorations I wasn't using in the apartment anymore, and picture frames I've had since high school and got ride of a lot of them. We went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought these things called 'dream drawers', which are organizers for your dresser drawers and LOVE them! I put them in my sock drawer to organize everything. It looks great now! Our apartment feels much more organized now!
On another note....today was back to reality for me. In all honesty, I was ready to go back. It was good to see my kiddos today. I sort of missed them....(weird, I know.) We have had quite the sickness in our room. Currently, I have 1 student out for pink eye, 2 gone with fevers, 1 with bronchitis, and another who I sent home today with a sore throat. Good thing it's a short week. My lovely students and I spent part of our afternoon wiping things down with Clorox wipes to get rid of all the germs floating around our room.
Ryan started back to school yesterday. His classes seem to get harder and harder (atleast from my perspective...) He is taking several CAD classes this semester. Along with physics 3, Calculus 3, and mechanical design. And to think...I thought Math & Decision Making was hard! I hope our kids get Ryan's brain!
And to leave you with one more thing....7 years ago this very week, I went with my parents and toured the campus of UNI. I FEEL OLD.
Comments