Lia celebrated her 5th birthday a few weeks ago! We celebrated with my family (A Trolls themed party) and then with Ryan's side of the family the next day, as Lia also shares her birthday with her cousin, Zach. She is a lucky girl to have so many people who love and support her!
 |
| Our sweet 5 year old! |
 |
| Birthday Twins! Zach turned 17. |
 |
| My mom made the most adorable "troll hair" for the kids to wear at Lia's party. |
 |
| Meet Macy, Lia's new American Girl doll! |
In other news, the Des Moines Heart Walk is next weekend. We are excited to get out there and support Lia and the American Heart Association. We missed the walk last year due to my grandfather's funeral. Speaking of which, it's hard to believe that it's already been nearly a year that he's been gone. I miss him terribly, but am looking forward to our heavenly reunion someday. If you look close, in the last photo I posted above, you can see a framed photo I have of him. That is the same photo that was on display at his funeral.
There are only 6 weeks left of school. It's hard to believe that I am wrapping up year 10 of teaching. We have lots of fun things planned this summer, including a trip to the Gulf Shores of Alabama! The kids are excited to get back to the beach. Rather than just a day trip like we did last summer when we were in Orlando, we are doing a whole week at the beach! I also have my 15 year class reunion this summer. 15 years? That hardly seems possible. Yikes, I'm getting old.
I hope this blog post finds you well. Enjoy your Easter weekend! So much to be grateful for.
Comments