August 5, 2016; the date of my last blog post. Wow. I have really been a slacker when it comes to updating you on our family. Does anyone still read this? A comment below would be wonderful. I'm not sure if I actually have an audience, or if I am only doing these blogs for myself to look back on someday. Either way, I will keep typing.
The fall has been good to the Shields family. I have a great group of fourth graders, and a fabulous associate I work with in my classroom. Jack is rocking the first grade, and Lia is loving 4 year old pre school, getting all prepared for kindergarten next year! Ryan recently got a promotion at Doll, and is still loving his job.
In September, we had a visit to the rheumatologist in Iowa City. Lia is nearly in remission with her arthritis. We are still continuing to give the methotrexate injections once a week, but as she gains weight, we will not increase the dosage, resulting in a natural ween off the medication. Very excited about that. We have her annual echo in January. Praying that we continue to hear good news from her cardiologist. She is dancing again this fall at Pat Barton Dance Studio in Altoona. She is taking ballet, tap, and jazz. She LOVES dance.
Jack wrapped up a wonderful season of fall soccer, and the very next weekend started his basketball season! This is his first year playing basketball, and he LOVES it. His face lights up every time he makes a basket. Right now, he's learning a lot of the fundamentals; dribbling, shooting, passing, playing defense. We love our little athlete, and hope he continues this love of sports. He is a wonderful student also. He loves going to school and learning. We just celebrating his 7th birthday today! I can hardly believe he's already 7. Time can slow down any time now. He had an 'aircraft' themed birthday. Ever since his first flight this summer (to Florida) he has become really interested in airplanes.
Will add a few pictures from the last couple of months. Enjoy.
 |
| The birthday boy after his basketball game! Great win from the purple team! |
 |
| Ryan, Lia, and I had lunch at school with Jack on the Friday before his birthday! |
 |
| Dr. Hong, Lia's rheumatologist! |
 |
| First day of First Grade! |
 |
| First Day of 4 Yr Old Preschool! |
 |
| Wanting to relive our Disney experience, Lia dressed up like Snow White for Halloween |
 |
| And Jack as Darth Vader |
 |
| A trip to Washington to see Nanny! She is awful lonely without my grandpa, but doing well. She takes life one day at a time. |
 |
| A true sign of summer coming to an end, a trip to the Iowa State Fair! |
Comments