In April, we said our goodbyes to my amazing grandfather. I cannot even begin to describe to you how special he was to me, to all of us. Although he will be greatly missed, we can find peace in knowing that he is now living with his Heavenly Father, and that we are guaranteed to see him again someday. My grandpa had the ability to make you feel like you were the most special person in the world. He never hesitated to tell you how proud he was of you, or how much he loved you. He taught me how to drive, to swing a golf club, how to do a lay up, and although I never mastered it, he tried to teach me his famous 'Fort Dodge hook shot'. Most importantly, he taught me how to live a life for Christ. Not a day goes by that I do not think of him, or see something that reminds me of him. He was a wonderful role model to his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. He helped inspire my love of teaching, and we share a teaching degree from the same university. Although he is no longer here, reminders of his love and kindness keep me going. I am so lucky to have been able to call him my grandpa for 31 years.
Comments