Well, August is almost over. I am 2 weeks into school, and summer is coming to an end. We had a great summer. It was full of lots of memories. Most recently, I had the opportunity to do a bit of a change-up with my job and decided to move from my position in special education to 4th grade. Although I miss lots of aspects of teaching special education, I am loving my group of 4th graders and am excited to see what this year brings.
Jack starts 4 year old preschool on Tuesday. He will go to Willowbrook again with me, only this year we switched him to the pm session. He is very excited to start, and excited to get to know his new teacher, Miss Noelia. She came for a home visit last week, and we had a nice time getting to know her.
Lia is doing well with her health. You may remember she had an EKG done in July, and we got good news from that! She has an echo in January, and we pray for a continuation of good news. She is still on meds for her internal hemangiomas, and sees an ENT doctor regularly, but are hoping to see progress with those and eventually end her meds for those. I am happy to report that she is fully potty trained! One day things just "clicked" and just like that, no more accidents! We are a diaper free home. It's so weird! The basket at the end of the couch that used to house diapers, wipes, powder and ointment is still sitting there empty. I'm not quite ready to get rid of it yet. She loves her princess panties!
Ryan and I celebrated 6 years of marriage on August 2. We were able to celebrate by watching our friends, Jessica and Adam get married. We had a blast. After that, we finished off the summer with a trip to the Iowa State Fair and celebrating Grandma Sue's birthday. Enjoy our August pictures!
Check back soon for Jack's back-to-school pics! Have a great Labor Day weekend!

| Jeremy, beautiful bride Jessica, and Ryan |
| Amy and I with Jessica on her big day. |
| Jack on a big tractor at the state fair! |
| We're pretty sure Grandpa Maury helped make this one! |
| Cotton Candy |
| The fair can be very tiring |
| Family selfie |
| Summer nights |
| Just hanging around... |
| Fun with Brynn |
| Mom and Lia helping me get my classroom together! |
| Sometimes when you are newly potty trained, pulling over on the interstate is a must. |
| Lia and our neighbor, Joe. We spend a lot of time hanging out with him! |
| Back to school! Greeting students on the first day from the roof! |
| Happy Birthday, Mom! We had no candles, so she had to use this. |
| Getting ready to help Grandma open presents! |
Check back soon for Jack's back-to-school pics! Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Comments
And I LOVE that you greeted kids from the roof on the first day. What a fun idea