Ughhhh once again I'm super behind in blogging. I know, I sound like a broken record, starting each post like this, but it's true! The exciting news, is that I have lots to share with you! The biggest and most recent news is that we have moved into our own house!!! After 18 mo. of living with my parents, we are all on our own as a family of 4! We have moved to Pleasant Hill, which is the town Ryan works in, and is only a 10 min., commute to Altoona for me!
We moved in with my parents after we were discharged from Children's Mercy with Lia. You may remember we spent almost 5 weeks in the hospital with her as she underwent not 1, not 2, but 3 open heart surgeries. During that time in Kansas City, Jack was back in Iowa rotating between living with my parents and my in laws. We knew with Lia's health we couldn't go back to Wichita, especially not having any family there, so we moved back to Iowa and moved in with my parents. We prayed that we would find jobs in Iowa, and a year and a half later, we are both working full time, and have finally been able to move out. We will never be able to thank my parents enough for all they have done for us. Not only did they provide a home for the 4 of us, but they also were a big help financially, mentally, and with Jack and Lia. The move to Pleasant Hill has not been an easy adjustment. Jack cried last night because he misses Norwalk, misses Grandpa and Grandma, and really misses Bella (my parents dog...). He is sad because there is no 'step' for him to run and jump from like there is at Grandma's. He's sleeping in a new room, with a new bed, with new noises. Lia has had a tough time too, but slowly, we are adjusting and with time everything will get better. My mom said she feels like I've gone off to college again. We created lots of memories with my parents that we are so grateful for, but I think we can ALL agree that it will be nice for all of us to have our own homes again. Right, mom?
I'm also including some photos from Halloween, our recent family photo session, and from my Uncle Dan and new AUNT Ashley's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception, with a beautiful bride! I am so happy for them, and love that Ashley is officially apart of our family now.
I'm going to post pics of our new house soon, so check back. Oh, and one more thing. Jack turns 4, yes FOUR on Tuesday. When did he get so big?
 |
| My sweet, amazing, wonderful, HEALTHY family! |
 |
| My beautiful miracle! I see SO much in those eyes. |
 |
| My smart, sassy, son. Love him so much. |
 |
| My best friend for 7 years. |
.JPG) |
| The four of us at Dan and Ashley's wedding. The kids danced and danced and danced. |
.JPG) |
| Ashley and Ashley. |
.JPG) |
| My flower and police officer! |
.JPG) |
| Mom, is it time to go trick or treating yet? |
.JPG) |
| Officer Shields |
.JPG) |
| Our new house! Can't wait to make this our home. |
Comments