We received awesome awesome awesome news from Dr. Lozier (cardio) yesterday. Wait for it.....wait for it....Lia's diaphragm is no longer collapsed!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, I get teary just typing that! This is a huge answered prayer. Had it not fixed itself, it would've required another surgery to tack it down. A direct quote from Dr. Lozier: "Lia is doing so much better than what was ever expected of her!" Um, yeah she is! That's because shes a fighter! She weighs 15 lbs., and is thriving! Her growth curve is looking really good. Want to hear another good thing? We don't need to see her cardiologist for another 3 months! THREE MONTHS PEOPLE! That means it will be December before she gets another EKG, another chest x-ray, etc....yay!!!!!
Ok, just wanted to share my good news with you this morning! Thanks for all the continued support and prayer! God has a plan for our little miracle. I'm pretty sure there's a reason why she's still here. She's going to move mountains.
Side note: We are headed to Iowa City in February for a day of genetic testing with her. Her pediatrician, ENT, and Cardiologist just want to make sure that the hemangiomas aren't being caused by something else that we aren't aware of. You may remember that she already tested negative for DiGeorge, but we're going to do some further tests to be safe. We will be spending all day at the U of I for that.
And the mommy in me can't leave without leaving something about Jack. This was a true conversation had between him and I last week.
Setting: In bathtub
Jack: "Can you ask Grandma to bring a band aid up here?"
Me: "Why?"
Jack: "Look! There's a hole in my penis!"
And I'll leave it at that.....
Have a great weekend!
Ok, just wanted to share my good news with you this morning! Thanks for all the continued support and prayer! God has a plan for our little miracle. I'm pretty sure there's a reason why she's still here. She's going to move mountains.
Side note: We are headed to Iowa City in February for a day of genetic testing with her. Her pediatrician, ENT, and Cardiologist just want to make sure that the hemangiomas aren't being caused by something else that we aren't aware of. You may remember that she already tested negative for DiGeorge, but we're going to do some further tests to be safe. We will be spending all day at the U of I for that.
And the mommy in me can't leave without leaving something about Jack. This was a true conversation had between him and I last week.
Setting: In bathtub
Jack: "Can you ask Grandma to bring a band aid up here?"
Me: "Why?"
Jack: "Look! There's a hole in my penis!"
And I'll leave it at that.....
Have a great weekend!
Comments
And the store from Jack? Priceless!