Hi! Wow, its been almost a month since I have blogged last, and I have SO much to catch you up on! Lets go back to Halloween: Jack was, of course, Elmo! He did a very good job trick or treating this year and had lots of fun! He was a little apprehensive at first, but after the first couple of houses, he got the hang of it and had lots of fun! I just threw the picked over candy away this week!
 |
| Daddy and Jack, trick or treating. |
Other exciting news! ITS A GIRL! We found out Nov. 1st that we are expecting a baby girl this spring! I was totally shocked. I was 100% sure it was another boy! I started crying, and Ryan got teary too! We are sooo excited to have a baby girl! We are going to name her Lia Michele. Lia, because we both love the name (had even considered it for Jack before we knew he was a boy) and Michele, after my mom, who also has that middle name.
 |
| 20 Weeks! |
 |
| I took pink cupcakes to school to break the exciting news to my students. |
The last part of October, we also traveled home for my sister in law, Jill's baby shower! She is expecting baby girl,
Megan Belle, the first part of December! We can't wait to meet her!
 |
| Jill at shower |
 |
| Awesome cake! I work with a lady who does great work with cakes, so this cake made it all the way to NE Iowa from Wichita! |
 |
| Morgan was a great helper at the shower! Shes very excited for a little sister! |
 |
| Of course Jack had to go for a ride in Grandpa Maurys new go cart! Thanks for taking me for a ride, Aunt Hilary! |
My sweet baby boy turned 2 on Nov. 19! I can hardly believe its been two years already! His party is acutally tonight, here in DesMoines, but we had a small party for him, just the three of us, in Wichita too.
 |
| Opening presents! (still in pajamas) |
 |
| Imagine that, something Elmo! |
 |
Mini birthday cake!
|
Other news: Jack had his semi-annual report with his pediatric opthamologist earlier this month, and we got more good news! He still doesn't need glasses, and on the "nystagmus spectrum" he is on the "good" end! His vision is very good! He is still using the corner of his eyes to help focus (as you may notice in many pictures) and will probably do so his whole life. Answered prayers!
We are home in Iowa for the rest of this week for Thanksgiving with family, and Jack's birthday. I promise not to wait another month before I blog. Check back soon for pictures from our time home.
And I leave you with some cute pictures my mom took of Jack the last time we were home in Oct.
 |
| Who is that driving Uncle Jamesons car? Elmo or Jack? |
 |
| Riding my trike with Uncle Jay! |
 |
| Uncle Jameson and (soon to be) Aunt Alex! |
Comments